cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA Phones SIP URI fails if the user part contains a . (DOT)

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I would like to configure a button to support BLF, CP and SP, the user being monitored is a URI

For example, a button like this:

fnc=blf+cp+sd;sub=adam.crisp@$PROXY;usr=adam.crisp@$PROXY;ext=adam.crisp@$PROXY;nme=Adam

BLF and CP works fine, however I am having problems with SD. SD Fails with a "Network Error" message displayed on the phone and nothing appears on the wire which makes me believe it may be related to the dial-plan.

I have discovered that SD works perfectly so long as the URI does not contain a . (DOT)

example:

fnc=sd;ext=adam+crisp@$PROXY; results in a call being placed to adam+crisp@{my server} - in this case sip:adam+crisp@voip.co.uk

where as:

fnc=sd;ext=adam.crisp@$PROXY; results with the Network error message and nothing on the wire. - should send call to adam.crisp@voip.co.uk

I have tried *a lot* of different ideas to tweak the dial-plan including attempts to escape the "." in the dialplan

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0| [#*x][*x][*x].| [+-z][+-z]. |xxxxxxxxxxxx.|.)

Is there a way to fix the dial-plan - or is this a code fixup - if a code fixup - is there support still available?

Thanks

Adam

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, those devices are designed to handle phone numbers rather than free-text identificators (although they are possible in SIP). You either hit a firmware bug related to fnc=sh handling, or it is dial plan issue, or the issue have other origin. It may affect particular firmware you are using (you didn't disclosed such basic information - nor the device we are speaking of) or it may affect all firmware & devices.

Syslog and debug log may reveal more. If it is firmware issue, call SMB support center.

Tried on 504G and 514G - latest May build.

Accept that these devices have origin in Sipura, but SIP URI's should work.

If fact they do work, as long as they don't have a ..... .

Unfortunately, "should work" and "it work" is not the same term ...

It look like firmware bug - so SMB support center is the only chance for you. Be ready to provide dump of configuration, syslog&debug messages and SIP packets captured.

But don't expect quick solution even if the bug report will be accepted. Cisco support for SMB Voice segment is  rather casual than professional.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: