cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spa501G

majid omeir
Level 1
Level 1

i have demo kit that is  uc520 and i have cisco SPA501g , when i added the use extension and plug the phone all the 8 lines gives orange  stable (not blinking) color and i leaved it for half and hour and it is almost same there is any  known issue , i am having the latest softpack installed and phone load and help will be appericated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Majid,

Resetting this phone back to factory defaults will not yield you the results you want, the phones firmware was changed from SCCP to SIP and thus you will need your Cisco credentials and log into the partner support area and download the SCCP phone load for it and update the phone to an appropriate load so that it will work with the UC500.

I dont have the instructions on hand for that particular phone as I have never seen one or used one, but it should be the same as the other SPA phones I would imagine, you should get a Windows executable which will allow you upload a new image to the phone.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

majid omeir
Level 1
Level 1

after troubleshooting for sometime , we got to know that the spa501g

has been used with 3cx before , we tried to reset to factory default using setuup and

73738 then hash after that 1 to confirm

but that does not help me to reset it ,does  anyone know way to reset it to fatory default other than this methode

that will be helpfull

Hi Majid,

Resetting this phone back to factory defaults will not yield you the results you want, the phones firmware was changed from SCCP to SIP and thus you will need your Cisco credentials and log into the partner support area and download the SCCP phone load for it and update the phone to an appropriate load so that it will work with the UC500.

I dont have the instructions on hand for that particular phone as I have never seen one or used one, but it should be the same as the other SPA phones I would imagine, you should get a Windows executable which will allow you upload a new image to the phone.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

thanks for ur help but the main problem was with uc520 even after restore the phone load does not work i reset uc520 to default factory then it works

why how what logic do not ask me ,Cisco needs to answer this ,uc520 has so many odd behavior

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: