cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA502G 403 Forbidden

exileauto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am trying to access to Admin  Login when connected directly to a SPA502G phone but instead of being  prompted to login, I get brought to a screen that says 403 Forbidden.

All  I am trying to do is change the IP address on a few phones on the  network from DHCP to Static and set the IP. When I go into the setup of  the phone itself I can view only the IP etc, with only the save and  cancel buttons available no edit button.

I am looked in the UC320W Config Utility to see if there is some place to enable admin login etc but I cannot see anything. Ive been told the UC320 is what controls what is accessible.....

Thanks

8 Replies 8

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kirsten,

The IP address of the IP phone is assigned by UC320W which acts as DHCP in voice VLAN. You can't manually change IP phone IP address.

Best regards,

Wendy

almoncad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello kirsten,

To edit an option directly from the phone, on the setup menu you have to press **#, This sequence activates the Edit option on your phone.

You might want to also check this article:

Assign a Static IP Address on SPA300 and SPA500 IP Phones

Please let me know if this information was helpful.

Alejandro Moncada

SBCD Engineer

almoncad@cisco.com

I can get to the setup menu, but the EDIT botton is not active. (see attachment) Pressing **# doesnt seem to do anything.

Hello Kirsten,

The sequence **# only works when the phone is in SPCP mode. Right now your phone is in SIP mode which won't allow you to make changes directly trhough the phone setup options.

To make changes to the phone you need to connect to the web configuration utility of it.

Could please provide me your network setup?

I cannot make changes to the phone via the configuration utility of the phone it seems cause I cannot login as admin (not enabled as writeable?) And I do not see anything in the 320configuration utility that has to do with these changes.

Hello Kirsten,

As I said before, you can't make any changes directly through the phone's configuration utility since the phone is in SIP mode. The phone needs to be in SPCP mode in order to make changes to the phone via its configuration utility.

You need to access the web configuration utility of the phone. To access this web configuration utility, you need to enter in a web browser the IP address assigned to the phone. As you said in your first post, you are having problems accessing this web configuration utility, that's why I need to know you network setup between the phone, the UC320, and your computer, so I can have a better understanding of why you are having this issue and provide you the solution.

In order to access the web configuration utility of the phone,  you need to connect your computer to the phone with an Ethernet cable, and make sure your computer is logically connected to the phone, that is, they share the same IP network address. For example, in the picture you provide me, the IP address of the phone is 10.1.1.103, hence, the IP address of your computer must be in the same range ip addresses, for example, 10.1.1.x.

Hello Kirsten,

You don't need to use the PC port of the phone to connect to your computer. Just connect your computer to one of the LAN ports available on the UC320W.

For your problem, I would suggest to choose the first topology option, since the UC320 can act as a DHCP server (Refer to the  Network Topology Selection on the UC320W for more information). There is no need for an external DHCP server. Save the changes. Then on the phone, apply a factory reset.

After that, find the IP address of the phone (just as you did in the picture you sent me) and enter that IP address in a web browser. You should be able to access the web configuration utility of the phone to make the changes you want, such as adding static IP addresses.

Alejandro Moncada
SBCD Engineer
almoncad@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: