Helpful
Replies

SPA504/508/509/525

Michael Adams
Level 1
Level 1

FIRMWARE: 7.4.7

ALL MODELS AFFECTED

We're having issues where an incoming call is answered by picking up the hand set and the speaker phone is randomly coming on. If the user tries to press the speaker button it disconnects the call. This is intermittent and not replicable on demand.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I don't see why this is occuring.

But once the call goes to speaker, don't press the speaker button, otherwise the call will disconnect.

After it goes to speaker and you want the call to go back to the handset, press the hook key where the handset is normally parked (don't press the speaker button), the call will then route to the handset.

Doesn't necessarily help lol

Any idea to troubleshoot? Multiple phones

I can't imagine they're all bad hook flashes

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Mike,

Have you tried the latest firmware on the phones to see if you see the same behavior? If not, I would suggest you trying the latest firmware on the Web (7.5.1a) on the phone and see if that helps. If still no luck, please contact SBSC to open a case for us to further investigate this issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nagaraja

There is an existing case open, there has been no progress. We are unable to upgrade the firmware, 7.5 is not interop'd with the version of Meta Switch we're running for our SIP platform.

Hello Michael,

Can you please share the case number? Also, can you please try the latest firmware to test if the same issue happens over there as well?

Thanks,

Nagaraja