cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G unable to dial more than 11 digits

edwin
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know whether there is a dialling digit limit on SPA504G VOIP phones?  And if so, is there a setting to extend it?

We have a customer that uses the prefix "111" to dial numbers on a VOIP line.

E.g. to call a mobile number they would dial "1110412345678"

But the SIP server only receives a truncated number from it - "11104123456"

However, when they are dialling off-hook, they will not be able to dial the last 2 digits - they are pressed but don't respond.

And when dialling on-hook, the phone reports that the full number is dialled in its logs, but the SIP server only receives the truncated number.

This happens across all of the customer's phones - which are all SPA504G.

I have tested the SIP server with a softphone, and there is no problem dialling the full 13 digit number and works perfectly.

I have trawled the net but couldn't find any mention of a dialling limit for this model, nor is it mentioned in its user guides.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You need to change the dial plan parameter.  It's in the Ext tab.

Default is to allow up to 11 digits when dialing a 1 as the first number.  This is for U.S. based calling.

The dial plan contains 1xxx(2-9)xxxxxxS0 for this.  You need to modify/remove that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You need to change the dial plan parameter.  It's in the Ext tab.

Default is to allow up to 11 digits when dialing a 1 as the first number.  This is for U.S. based calling.

The dial plan contains 1xxx(2-9)xxxxxxS0 for this.  You need to modify/remove that.

Thanks heaps!  I just tried this and it all worked once I removed that particular portion of the dial plan.

For the benefit of others with this problem, I should clarify that only that particular string (separated by '|') needs to be removed, not the entire dial plan string.

I suppose an alternative fix is to choose another dial-prefix instead of "111" as the trigger for the VOIP line, but since they don't have that many phones it was easier to just change the dial plan on the phones, rather than retrain the users.  But this will be taken into consideration for future implementations.

Thanks again!