cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA508G line key settings reset on loss of power.

FSTheRick
Level 1
Level 1

Recently my company made the switch from standard phone lines to IP phones, and we loved the idea that all the settings and personalizations were set via phone, rather than via line.  Since it was my job to figure out all the cool new features, I did a few test settings with my phone and my boss's phone.  I figured out how to log in and change the line key buttons to be direct dial buttons, and everything was fine.

Then we had some internet problems and the phones lost power.  After booting them back up, I noticed that while the keys still dialed the correct numbers, the "Short Name" labels all had reset.  Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I'd hate to have to set up 25 phones with their own custom labels and settings, just to have to go through and fix them off if we lose internet or power briefly (which happens a lot due to all the construction in our office park area).

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance,

-Rick

1 Reply 1

Joao Oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Check the provisioning system for the configuration of your phones, and check if the configuration files are not overwritting the line keys.

Joao Oliveira

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: