cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA509G - Manage lines

Luis Croquer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem witch a SPA509G, the UC560 has a PRI card, is possible to manage 2 incoming calls on the phone, but a third one is not allow, it's like there's no more lines free.

How can I configurate the other bottons for allow more incoming calls.

I'm trying to do this in a UC560

CCA: 3.2

Software pack 8.6.1

CME: 8.6

CUE: 8.6.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Luis,

You may configure three ephone-dn with the same number and assign them to three buttons on the phone.

Under the ephone-dn you should include no huntstop and you may use preference under the ephone-dn to specify from which dn the hunt should start. Only after the last one you should have huntstop and configure the forwarding to the desired number.

E.g:

ephone-dn 13

number 1003

preference 1

no huntstop

ephone-dn 14

number 1003

preference 2

no huntstop

ephone-dn 15

number 1003

preference 3

ephone 3

button 1:13 2:14 3:15

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

EDIT: This can be accomplished in CLI only.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

ibondar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Luis,

All SPA500 phones support only dual-line ephone-dns, that is why if you land all incoming calls from PRI to a single line key of SPA phone the, the third call will fail. You have several ways to solve this problem, but all of them require redesign of incoming call flow. As a suggestion - consider using hunt groups, blast groups or b-acd for incoming calls.

Regards,
Ivan Bondar

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Ivan!

I considered to use phone groups, but the client want that all the calls go to one phone, and after a third call, the call have to go to another extention.

Witch type of phone can manage more that two lines and works with UC500.

Regards

Luis Croquer.

Hello Luis,

I would aim for a 7960 / 7961 / 7965. Those phones can often be bought 2nd hand and work very well with the UC500 system. We use a mix of SPA525G2 SPA509 and 7960/7940 phones. You can have Octo-Lines on those phones with the UC500 - this is configruable from within CCA. 8 calls can then be handled on one single line.

The 7960/7940 tend to be of better quality / have less problems. The SPA phones sometimes crash during calls when you change the volume.

regards,

Fabian

Hello Luis,

If the task is to redirect the third call to another extension, why just not configure 'call forward busy' to point to another extension?

Example:

Ext: 201

Call forward busy: 202

Incoming call is coming on 201, if both lines are busy, the call will go to 202.

Does it make sense in your scenario?

Regards,

Ivan

Hello Ivan.

Actually I did that configuration before, but the client doesn't want that, the client want that the girl in the recepction can manage until 6 incomming calls.

By the way, I said before after the third call, but then the client changed his mind and ask me to redirect the calls after the sixth call.

Regards.

Hello Luis,

You may configure three ephone-dn with the same number and assign them to three buttons on the phone.

Under the ephone-dn you should include no huntstop and you may use preference under the ephone-dn to specify from which dn the hunt should start. Only after the last one you should have huntstop and configure the forwarding to the desired number.

E.g:

ephone-dn 13

number 1003

preference 1

no huntstop

ephone-dn 14

number 1003

preference 2

no huntstop

ephone-dn 15

number 1003

preference 3

ephone 3

HTH,

Alex

EDIT: This can be accomplished in CLI only.

Hello Alexander.

I made the configuration and each ephone-dn got the number and it was possible to press for example ephone-dn 2, ephone-dn 3 and ephone-dn 4 and pick up a line to make a call, but the first line button on the phone witch is extention 139 it's still the button that manage the incoming calls, if there is a third call incoming the call is forward to anothe extention

Is it possible that the third incoming call goes to the ephone-dn 2 button?

Hello Luis,

If all the ephone-dn are set with number 139 you should remove from the first two with preference 1 and 2 the call-forward busy and call-forward noan.

E.g.:

ephone-dn 13

number 139

preference 1

call-forward busy 399

call-forward noan 399 timeout 20

no huntstop

ephone-dn 14

number 139

preference 2

call-forward busy 399

no huntstop

ephone-dn 15

number 139

call-forward busy 399

preference 3

huntstop

ephone 3

Then you should remove the call-forward from the first and the second ephone-dn by preference in this case ephone-dn 13 and 14. Enter the following command:

ephone-dn 13

no call-forward busy

no call-forward noan

ephone-dn 14

no call-forward busy

no call-forward noan

This should work.

HTH,

Alex

Hello Alexander!

It works ok!

Now if I want to set up something else on that phone with the CCA the configuration windows of that extention show me several errors, but it's not more that the CCA doesn't understard the configuration that was made it with CLI.

Can you advice me some paper that explain how to configure the other type of button like; share, monitor, wathc, etc?

Thaks you so much for your help

Luis

Regards.

Hello Luis,

I am glad that it is working.

Please check the following document about the key separators and types:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9449

For the other phones CCA should work ok.

HTH,

Alex

Hello Alex!

Yesterday I made the configuration of one of the SPA phone and everything was ok, until I made the same configuration to another phone, after made the configuration of the  other phone, the first one changed in some button configuration, it was like a I was made it the change in the first one, it was a mess, I had to revert all the changes to avoid problem with the reception on incoming calls.

This was the configuration that I made

ephone 30

ephone-dn 1

number 139

label 139

description Ent Principal

name Ent Principal

preference 1

no call-forward busy

no call-forward noan

no huntstop

ephone 30

ephone-dn 2

number 139

label 139

preference 2

no call-forward busy

no call-forward noan

no huntstop

ephone 30

ephone-dn 3

number 139

label 139

preference 3

no call-forward busy

no call-forward noan

no huntstop

ephone-dn 8

number 139

label 139

preference 8

call-forward busy 399

huntstop

ephone 30

button 1:1 2:2 3:3.....8:8

restart

exit

ephone 2

ephone-dn 1

number 101

label 101

description Judith Morera

name Judith Morera

preference 1

no call-forward busy

no call-forward noan

no huntstop

ephone 2

ephone-dn 2

number 101

label 101

name Judith Morera

preference 2

no call-forward busy

no call-forward noan

no huntstop

ephone-dn 4

number 101

label 101

name Judith Morera

preference 4

call-forward busy 399

huntstop

ephone 2

button 1:1 2:2.....4:4

restart

exit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: