Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA514G Power Consumption

Martin Vogwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to find out the PoE power requirements for the Cisco SPA 514G IP telephone.  I've found the data on the 504G but nothing for the 514G. 

I know it supports IEEE 802.3af but I can't find the specific detail anywhere that will confirm that I can run 48 of them on either a Cisco Catalyst 2960S-48LPS-L or a Catalyst 2960-48PST-L PoE enabled switch (i.e. that the total power draw won't go over 370W).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Martin

2 Replies 2

MarcoSbezzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have also been unable to find this specific information.

However, the power supply is 5 volts / 2 amps.

Cisco PA100 Power Supply for Small Business VoIP - 5V 2A.

That gives you 10 watt max output.

I would guess that these phones use between 7w-10w, with 10w max.

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/electric/Amp_to_Watt.htm

Hope this helps!

Marco

Switch's PoE management is based on device's 802.3af declared current draw, not the true draw one.

Taken from documentation:

Power Settings

Parameter
Description

PoE Power Required

Specifies the PoE power setting: Normal (default) or Maximum.

Then one or more attendant consoles are attached to the phone, use Maximum to advertise to a PoE switch that the phone will consume up to 12 watts.

Then no attendant consoles are attached, use Minimum to advertise a required power budget of 6.5 watts.

This parameter is not applicable to Cisco SPA301 or SPA303 as they do not have Cisco Attendant Console support.

48*6.5W = 312W thus 370W sounds enough. Assuming phones have no attendant consoles attached.

For measured draw of SPA50x/SPA525 see: SPA 504G Power Consumption

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: