Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G caller-id in Australia

alltraders001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have had some long discussions with a very helpful SBCS engineer about this and at his recommendation would like some community feedback.

I have a UC540 with multiple SPA525G phones. I want to have an external callers name showing on the spa525g display. The support engineer says that the SIP provider sends this data with the incoming phone number.  In Australia only the callers number is sent from the SIP provider. I understand that in USA the SIPprovides the number and name. I want to be able to show a name on the phone display if the incoming callers name is in my phone or UC540 directory. Currently the phone display shows the incoming phone number twice.

Is this possible in Australia?

Thank you for any help any of you can offer.

Michael

20 Replies 20

Hi David and thank you.

I will continue to seek both your advice and the advice of the SBCS team on all the issues. Your advice and assistance has been invaluable. Hopefully I can get the Cisco team to help "repair" the system in the next week or so and then begin to move forward again.

Michael

Another Update:

After talking to Cisco SCSC this morning I learnt that seeing a caller-id name (a corresponding name from the UC540 directory) works in all but the UC540 and UC560. Apparently this is an IOS issue but I haven't been able to work out how to get this addressed.

The Cisco SCSC support engineer says that they couldnt get it to work with the UC540 in the labs which interests me as that means they were not certain that it wouldn't work and also that they have now confirmed it is missing in the IOS.

I have been told that the Directory will be in the next version of CCA. However, this wont help in this case unless it is also in the next version of the IOS.

Hi Michael,

After talking to Cisco SCSC this morning I learnt that seeing a 
caller-id name (a corresponding name from the UC540 directory) works in 
all but the UC540 and UC560. Apparently this is an IOS issue but I 
haven't been able to work out how to get this addressed.

I can verify that this indeed does work on a UC-520, and yes I too am unable to get this to work on a UC-540W or a UC-560, if the IOS builds are different then this would explain it.

The Cisco SCSC support engineer says that they couldnt get it to work 
with the UC540 in the labs which interests me as that means they were 
not certain that it wouldn't work and also that they have now confirmed 
it is missing in the IOS.

I am quite adamant that this is a bug in the IOS used for the 540 and 560 versions, there is no logical reason to remove this feature set considering that it is also an advertised feature, or at least in the product literature I have read or have been reading.

I have been told that the Directory will be in the next version of CCA. 
However, this wont help in this case unless it is also in the next 
version of the IOS.

If they put it into CCA 3.1 then yes it has to be in the IOS or it wouldn't make sense.

Lets see if we can get the Cisco team on here to work with you on getting this escalated and ensured that it makes it into the next IOS distribution.

Thank you for following this through with SBS it helps when people actually take the time to lodge these and follow through with them.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Has this ever been fixed as I currently have the same Issue.

I have tow companies working off the same switch.

They have two separate Direct Dial numbers, I need a way of showing them on the phone to the User so they can answer the phone different.

Hi Graham,

We show which incoming number was called by doing the   following: Each incoming phone number is directed to a blast group.   Create a share on the users phone (at a chosen button) and then add that   share to the blast group. Whenever the number is called, phones with   that share button will be highlighted. We use it for about 9 different   incoming phone numbers and it is as close at Cisco get to showing   different incoming numbers via CCA. There was a feature called   "called-name" that was supposed to do this but even though it is in some  Cisco documentation I have never seen it working and most people don't   know about it.

Regarding Caller-ID, I talked to a  Cisco engineer about  this 10 days ago and he indicated that it "wasn't  on Cisco's radar"  anymore. He has been asked to reproduce the issue in  the labs and late  last week he indicated that he had. He recommended  that we need to do  whatever we can to make this an issue again or it may  not be resolved.

Michael

Guys,

You need to keep hammering away at it, as I have stated before I have it working on an older UC-520 so I know the called-name works (As it is called in the documentation, but is not quite right). I cannot upgrade the client to anything new as it would remove this, so I have to keep them on version 7.X for now which is really CRAP and I shouldn't really have to.

I know longer have the ability or the time to champion this so you guys will have to fly the banner on this, whilst I still maintain quite a few UC's these days, it is more so out of favor and they just wont leave me alone LOL but if they need support they have to call Cisco up, I haven't even renewed my certs (Lazy yes I know).

Graham,

I have responded to your private message, I hope you can find it easily enough and work out the method I showed you, good luck and I hope all goes well

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *