Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 Firmware upgrade error

okotlyarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have some ip phones spa525g2. Today, almost of all phones were upgraded by me, besides one phone. At this phone installed firmware version 7.4.8. I want to upgrade to version 7.5.6. When i try to upgrade it on web interface i have an error like "CRC error". Ok. Then i try to install version 7.5.1a, but i had same result. What should i do in this situation?

P.S.: Sorry for my English :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Upgrade to 7.5.2b then upgrade to 7.5.6

Note: Bug in the latest spa3XX-5XXG phone firmware 7.5.6 - Can not transfer anonymous calls

Mark response as "answer" if it solve your problem. It will help others to found solutions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Upgrade to 7.5.2b then upgrade to 7.5.6

Note: Bug in the latest spa3XX-5XXG phone firmware 7.5.6 - Can not transfer anonymous calls

Mark response as "answer" if it solve your problem. It will help others to found solutions.

Thank you! Your advise was useful. But i didn't find 7.5.2b. I found 7.5.2a.

Despite usefull, my advice has been wrong. Intermediate 7.5.2b is required on SPA50xG class of phones, not on SPA525G2 as I misclaimed.

So lets start from scratch.

Is it possible to upgrade the device to any new firmware, for example 7.4.9, or it's not posible to upgrade it at all ?

In the second case, try reset to factory default then repeat. If still not work, it may be unit with damaged flash inside. Turn on syslog&debug messages and catch them - it may reveal more about the issue.