Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

SPA525G2 Firmware upgrade error

Hi!

I have some ip phones spa525g2. Today, almost of all phones were upgraded by me, besides one phone. At this phone installed firmware version 7.4.8. I want to upgrade to version 7.5.6. When i try to upgrade it on web interface i have an error like "CRC error". Ok. Then i try to install version 7.5.1a, but i had same result. What should i do in this situation?

P.S.: Sorry for my English :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Gold

Upgrade to 7.5.2b then

Upgrade to 7.5.2b then upgrade to 7.5.6

Note: Bug in the latest spa3XX-5XXG phone firmware 7.5.6 - Can not transfer anonymous calls

Mark response as "answer" if it solve your problem. It will help others to found solutions.

3 REPLIES
VIP Gold

Upgrade to 7.5.2b then

Upgrade to 7.5.2b then upgrade to 7.5.6

Note: Bug in the latest spa3XX-5XXG phone firmware 7.5.6 - Can not transfer anonymous calls

Mark response as "answer" if it solve your problem. It will help others to found solutions.

Thank you! Your advise was

Thank you! Your advise was useful. But i didn't find 7.5.2b. I found 7.5.2a.

VIP Gold

Despite usefull, my advice

Despite usefull, my advice has been wrong. Intermediate 7.5.2b is required on SPA50xG class of phones, not on SPA525G2 as I misclaimed.

So lets start from scratch.

Is it possible to upgrade the device to any new firmware, for example 7.4.9, or it's not posible to upgrade it at all ?

In the second case, try reset to factory default then repeat. If still not work, it may be unit with damaged flash inside. Turn on syslog&debug messages and catch them - it may reveal more about the issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content