Helpful
Replies

SPA525G2 reset

i.stanciu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an SPA525G2 with problems,

After an UC300 upgrade the phone shows only a white screen.

I can access the phone via web interface but not in admin menu so i can't reset it.

The phone has the last firmware, it can ring, talk, dial but nothing on screen.

Please help me with the combination of keybord to reset it like Settings>9....or other method to reset it

Best regards

10 Replies 10

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please find the answer from Nelson Seto that I had from another topic:

You can try the following steps to see if you can recover the phone.

1. Cold reboot the phone

2. When the animation appears

3. Press speaker key 3 times

4. User will be show a list of menu, from there

a. User could reset the configuration

b. Upgrade the firmware

Thanks,

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

Hello,

Unfortunately I can’t see the boot-up process ( like cisco logo) when the phone starts after 20 seconds I see only the white screen.

Is strange that the phone register to SIP server and also I can dial or receive calls but nothing on screen.

Also after power the phone and pressing long on speaker button didn’t result any reset…

I need the combination in the menu to reset it or to enable admin menu to reset it from the web interface.

Example : Settings then key number 7,8 then key number 2 and ok to reset.

In this way I can connect to a SPCP server upload the firmware again

The phones run in SIP-mode when attached to a UC300, not in SPCP-mode.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Yes , the phone is in SIP mode now.

But if i want to connect it to UC500 to run SPCP is not working because is in SIP and i can't switch it to SPCP.

So i must reset it....

When the phone boots, it looks to the server listed in DHCP OPTION 66 for SPCP configuration files. If the phone receives the files, it switches from SIP to SPCP mode.

Once the phone is in SPCP mode, the only way back to SIP-mode is to factory reset the phone via the phone's display and setup menu.

You can also force the phone to work in either SIP or SPCP-mode by setting a parameter in the phone's configuration file or via the phone's web-UI. Refer to the Admin Guide for additional details.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thank you for your information.

Can you help me with a procedure of resetting the phone to factory default ?

The screen on the phone is white and I can’t see the menu. The phone is functioning on UC300 but the screen not. So is there a way to reset it ?

Does somebody have the same phone and can tell me what combination of numbers to dial so I can reset it ?

Hi,

To factory reset a SPA525 that was under the control of a UC320W, press the Setup button then 9 (Administration) then 5 (Factory Reset)  then the 2nd softkey from the left to confirm.  Phone should then factory reset.

Chris

Unfortunately didn’t work

Is there a way to recovery from USB port ?

Or maybe to enable admin mode ? Now if I want to go on http://IP address/admin receive the error 403

Can you get to the phone with http://phoneIP  ?

There is no recovery or boot from USB at this time.

The only recovery available is to boot from the secondary image which Andrey described earlier.

Try a slightly different way of accessing the recovery image, else it looks like you'll have to RMA the phone.

1. Power off the phone [remove the PoE cable / power supply]

2. Provide power to the phone

3. Press and release the speaker phone button [at a rate of about 2 times a second]

4. Continue doing #3 for about 60 seconds. If after this time you're not presented with the phone's recovery menu, something has gone wrong with your phone and you need to RMA it by calling the Cisco Small Business Support Center at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

Good luck,

Patrick

---------

Use this reference document to locate SPA phone resources

Thank you for support !

The phone didn’t reset so I proceed with the RMA

Best regards