Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPA5xx Directory Improvements: Feature Request: SSL Client certificate

Hi

Please let me know if anything I am requesting is already possible. In my tests this has not been the case.

I have tested on my SPA525G with SIP firmware 7.4.9a.

I am trying to set-up a secure URL for the XML Directory Service.

I would like to use our SSL provisioning certificate to secure a phone by MAC address. We can secure the configuration files but when I use the provisioning server to deliver the XML directory the 5252 doesn't use the SSL client certificate and fails.

I gave up on the SSL way and I also tried using a url of the format https://username:password@directory.domain.com/directory.xmlpassword@directory.domain.com/directory.xml for HTTP basic auth.

Sadly, the SPA does not support this format of URL. OK, so some people reading this might comment that this url format is used by phishing scams but in this case the user of the phone does not see the URL and this is a perfectly valid use of the user:password@ mechanism.

Ideally, I would like to use the SSL certificate. This would be the most secure and we can use the mac address to identify the phone and deliver the correct xml. However, HTTP basic auth support would be a short term improvement too.

Anyone at Cisco be able to see if this SSL improvement can be made?

Cheers

Dan Winfield

Voxhub

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

SPA5xx Directory Improvements: Feature Request: SSL Client certi

The forums have messed up the formatting of the url I gave, thinking it is an email and making a link out of it! Ignore the second bit after the envelope images it has inserted.

SPA5xx Directory Improvements: Feature Request: SSL Client certi

Anyone.....

Anyone.....

Come on Cisco, do I really have to call someone direct? I have your numbers!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content