Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800 is unable to register FXO lines with BE3000

Hello!

Does anybody know how to use FXO lines on SPA8800 to allow users of Business Edition 3000 to make outgoing calls to the PSTN?

I have installed Business Edition 3000 and now I have to connect it to PSTN. I've bought an analog gateway SPA8800.

SPA8800 have been successfuly registered (provisioned) with Business Edition 3000, downloaded its configuration, but FXO lines have registration status as "Not Registered".

FXS lines registered successfuly and they have registration status "Registered".

What is the reason of such strange behavior can be? Maybe, FXO lines don't have to register in order to allow BE3000 users to make PSTN calls?

Thanks!

You can find screenshots in the attachment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anatolli

To answer your initial question. FXO Trunks do not register with BE3K.

FXS devices will register with BE3K.

Sanjay

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Hi Shabalin

Please check he the firmware version of SPA8800. It should be version 6.1.7 or later, prior to setting up analog trunks and lines on the Cisco Business Edition 3000. Firmware can be downloaded from

http://wwwin.cisco.com/voice/products/callcontrol/cmbe/3000/index.shtml.

For more details on SPA8800 setting Analog trunking (FXO) to the PSTN please refer the admin guide, using the given link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe3k/8_6_4/system/BE3K_BK_C30C50F6_00_cucm-be3000-admin-guide.html

Please feel free to reach us if you still having issues with SPA8800 .

Thanks for reply, Chandra!

Yes, SPA8800 gateway has 6.1.7 firmware version (screenshot in attachment)

I've followed the procedure of provisioning from this guide but the gateway's FXO lines can not even try to register.

Could you describe the procedure (steps that I need to do) of connecting PSTN analog lines to BE3000 through SPA8800?

Configure the Related Connections on the Cisco Business Edition 3000 GUI

You must configure the SPA8800 device in the Cisco Business Edition 3000 first, and then add Phone 1 or

Line 1 for the SPA8800 device.

Use the following procedures to add, edit, or delete SPA8800 connections on the Cisco Business Edition 3000

GUI.

Add SPA8800 connections from the PSTN Connections page

Perform the following procedure to add SPA8800 connections from the PSTN Connections page:

Procedure

Step 1 From the PSTN Connections page, click the Add PSTN Connection... button.

The Add PSTN Connection window appears.

Step 2 Choose the connection type FXO, and then click Next.

The Device options appear.

Step 3 Select SPA8800 from the Device Type drop-down menu, and choose Add Device from the Device drop-down

menu.

Step 4 Enter the MAC address, IP address, and description. The name is derived from the MAC address. Click OK.

The new device is now listed as an option under Device in the Add PSTN Connection window.

Step 5 Select the new device from the drop-down list and click Next.

Step 6 From the drop-down menu, select a service provider. Click Next.

The Connection Settings appear.

Step 7 Enter the appropriate connection settings and advanced settings.

Step 8 Click Finish to complete the addition of the device.

Edit SPA8800 connections from the PSTN Connections page

Step 1 To edit a connection, choose Edit for that connection, as shown in the following illustration.

The Edit window appears.

Step 2 From this window, you can edit the Description, Direct Inward Dial (DID) Number, Line Usage fields, and

Advanced Settings.

Step 3 Choose Save in the Edit window to save your edits.

Any changes that you make on the SPA8800 connection and phone causes the SPA8800 to reboot.

Reboots for configuration changes can take several minutes to take effect.

Note

The device reset dialog appears to notify the user that the SPA8800 device is being reset and that all calls for

the associated phones and PSTN connections will be disconnected.

Hope this would help you.......

I've done exactly the same things.

First, I've done this steps:

Step 1 From the PSTN Connections page, click the Add PSTN Connection... button.

The Add PSTN Connection window appears.

Step 2 Choose the connection type FXO, and then click Next.

The Device options appear.

Step 3 Select SPA8800 from the Device Type drop-down menu, and choose Add Device from the Device drop-down

menu.

Step 4 Enter the MAC address, IP address, and description. The name is derived from the MAC address. Click OK.

The new device is now listed as an option under Device in the Add PSTN Connection window.

Step 5 Select the new device from the drop-down list and click Next.

Step 6 From the drop-down menu, select a service provider. Click Next.

The Connection Settings appear.

Step 7 Enter the appropriate connection settings and advanced settings.

Step 8 Click Finish to complete the addition of the device.

Also, I folowed attached guide for provisioning SPA8800.

But, as a result, I have four FXS lines "Registered" and four FXO lines "Not Registered".

Maybe, FXO lines do not have to be registered?

Shabalin

Can you try to make a call to PSTN and verify the status of analog phones in BE3K? Also try to reboot the SPA8800 , verify and update us.

How to verify the status of analog phones? You mean registration status? Should I verify it from the interface of BE3000 or SPA8800?

Anatolli

To answer your initial question. FXO Trunks do not register with BE3K.

FXS devices will register with BE3K.

Sanjay

Thank you, Sanjay!

So, can you help me with configuration on BE3000?

As I understand, SPA8800 does not require any additional configuration and all configuration that I need to do is on BE3K.

What are the main steps to configure PSTN connections through the SPA8800? How to manage country/city codes and dial-peers, if it's possible?

Hi ,

In order to help you better, can you tell me which port of SPA8800 are you trying to configure, is it FXO or FXS?

Sanjay

I'm trying to configure FXO port in order to create PSTN connection for my BE3K.

FXO line can be configured using Connections - PSTN Connection - Add a new Connection. Pl. follow on screen directions for adding an FXO connection type.

Thanks

Thanks!

I did so.

Do I need to configure some dial-patterns or dial-plans to make calls to the PSTN?

For making calls through FXO connections, the dial plans from BE3K will be used. The dial plan will be created when you have installed the server with all sites and area code information etc.

Thanks

Hello Sanjay Sinha.

I am setting up this equipment and I have the same problem with this topic but I can not solve.

how you solved this problem has something to do the dialing plan, because I set the number 9 for external calls.

FXS lines if more mark as registered and I can make calls but I can not receive calls from outside.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: