Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

SPA942 and SPA508G, bxfer works, xfer does not.

Hello All,

I am trying to transfer calls using three new Cisco IP phones.  I have one Cisco SPA508G and two Linksys SPA942.  I am subscribed to a hosted PBX using voip.ms.  The phones are configured using SIP.

Attended Transfer (Fails):  I receive an inbound call from a customer.  The call is answered.  I hit xfer and dial either an internal extension or outside number.  Once the call is answered I hit xfer again.  The call leaves the middle phone and it appears the call was transfered but no sound on either side.

Blind Transfer (Works):  I receive an inbound call from a customer.  The call is answered.  I hit bxfer and enter the internal extension or outside number.  I hit dial.  The two callers are connected and can hear each other.

I can use both phone models to do a conference call.

It does not matter if it's an outside call or internal extension.  bxfer works and xfer does not.

I have updated the firmware to the latest on both which is: SPA508G is 7.4.7 and SPA942 is 5.2.8.

I have tried a factory reset on the phones.  I have tried changing every setting I can think of.  I spoke with voip.ms and they have already enabled the xfer feature.

Please advise.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content