Cisco Support Community
Community Member

SPA962 rebooting after 'OP ALLOC ERROR'

One of our customers has 4x SPA962 each with 2xSPA932. They randomly restart with various reboot reasons.

C4  is one I cannot find in the 'reboot reasons' list (I asked this  question there but realize I should have opened a new discussion).

Strangely enough, even when H0 is the reason, the syslog shows:

<date> <time> <IP address> OP ALLOC ERROR 7 641 (last number varies).

after that, logging stops and 10 seconds later I see a DHCP request coming in and the phone comes up, giving reboot reason H0.

This seems more than just a regular power on reason (we checked power supplies, switched them, use PoE etc etc).

Any idea? Thanks

Cisco Employee

Re: SPA962 rebooting after 'OP ALLOC ERROR'

Dear Erik;

I'm escalating your question. Stay tuned

Community Member

Hi and thanks. One of your collegue has made some suggestions on another part of the forum: and meanwhile, support EMEA has escalated the case as well. I was so happy the issue was picked up that I forgot that I had to re-state my question on this part of the forum, so sorry for any confusion.

Community Member

the problem was solved: the ACL was too generous and allowed external
(malicious) servers to probe the phones, which confused the phones. I found out only after examining a copy of the traffic to and from a phone.

Unfortunately, the 'restricted domains' paramater did not prevent the phones from being confused.

Thanks for the efforts,

CreatePlease to create content