cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specify custom ringtone based on alert info

Eli Hunter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get different ringtones for internal vs external calls on our SPA508's.  I am able to set the alert field to one of the built in ringtones when an external call comes in but I can't specify a custom ringtone.  Is this possible with the current firmware?

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I'm assuming you've already loaded a custom ring to position 12 or 13 in the phone.  So in the alert-info, you're able to use the rings built in which populate postions 2-11, correct?  Then when you try 12 or 13 with your custom ring tone, that isn't played?

I'm able to use the built in ringtones by setting the alert_info field to n=name.  For example to get the build in ring tone 2, Classic-1, to play I'd put n=Classic-1.

I have my ringtones loaded at positions 12 and 13 as "BusinessDouble" and "Alternate".

What I'm trying to do is set alert_info on incoming calls to play #12, BusinessDouble.  The default ring tone will be set as Alternate.  This should allow us to differentiate between incoming calls vs transfers and internal calls.  Unfortunately my client seems to really hate all the built in ring tones with a passion.

For the alert field I've tried the following with no success:

n=Alternate

n=12

n=13

n=User2

n=User-2

n=Classic-1 or n=Simple-1 works fine.

Apparently the software matches up what it sees for the given Ring Tones (in Phones/Ring Tone), you have the 10 given default which is 2-11.  I'll have to put in a feature request for user added ring tone and see if this can be added for a future release.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: