cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

*Still have an issue, pls help! -- Dial remote site extension from external call

mdube
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question for you guys.

We have two offices connected to each other with two UC520

Office A

UC520

Extentions : 2XX

Office B

UC520

Extensions : 4XX

Now, internally, we can dial 4XX entensions from Office A and vice-versa

Is it possible for someone calling outside Office A to dial an Office B extension when asked to do so in the Auto-attendant?

Right now if I'm calling the Office A, auto-attendant is configured to ask the caller to enter the extension of the person the caller wants to reach. But this only works with 2XX extensions and not 4XX...

I hope I'm clear enough,

Thanks for your help!
Mathieu

7 Replies 7

mdube
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, the allowExternalTransfers is activated.

Is this configuration supposed to be working?

To be able to dial from the AA, yo have to have a username with a phone number that CUE knows. Currently, this is only possible through the CUE GUI or CUE CLI. Notice these users DON'T have to have a mailbox.

UC500#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session

Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ... Open

Cisco Configuration Assistant. Version: 2.2 (0.21). Fri Nov 13 12:31:15 PST 2009

User Access Verification

Username: cisco

Password:

UC500-CUE#

UC500-CUE# conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

UC500-CUE(config)# username remote303 create

UC500-CUE(config)# username remote303 phonenumber 303

Well seems like it is working now thank you!

Only small issue though. If the contacted extension doesn't answer the caller gets a busy tone after 3 rings... Is this normal? Can this be changed so that caller falls in voicemail instead?

Caller -> Office A (AutoAttendant) -> Office B Remote Extension -> voicemail

Thanks!

Anyone?

As mentionned in the last reply, it is working except the small issue where if I dial a remote extension from an external phone, and the user does not answer, the caller will end up getting a busy tone after 3 rings.

Can this be changed?

Thank you!

HI mdube@progel.ca,

Can you please provide a debug on both machines when one of these calls take place, i would like to see what is taking place.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello David,

Here are the debug files for both Office A and Office B.

What I did was call Office A from a cell phone (number 555-123-1234).

At the AA, I entered extension 323, AA told me it was composing that number.

323 extension is redirected to 399 (voicemail).

As soon as I get to 323, I get the busy tone, but if I remove the redirection to 399 and the user on 323 answers, it works...

If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask me!

Thanks a lot,

Mathieu

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mathieu,

Do you also have the Dial-Peers in place to allow external calls to call the secondary site?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: