Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

UC 560 and SPA525G2

HI,

we are a small business and hence no full time IT support.

We bought our UC560 with some 7900 phones for inhouse use and SPA525G2 for our remote sales people.

SPA phones firmware 7.4.6 needs to be updated. I was told by a cisco expert that the new firmware has "fixed" many problems which are remote guys are expereiencing.

Presently we are running CCA 3.2 and ios image (see attachment).

How can I go about upgrading the firmware to the latest 7.4.9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UC 560 and SPA525G2

If you've downloaded the SPA525G2 firmware file from www.cisco.com it should have been a .zip file.  Extract the .zip file and in the extracted folder you will see 2 .bin files, one is Blue Tooth capable and one is not, indicated by the bt in the filename.  Whichever file you decide to use, rename it to spa525g-7-4-9.bin and then drag and drop it onto the UC500 in the topology in CCA.  Once that finishes successfully, the remote phones should then be rebooted and will then be able to upgrade to the 7.4.9 firmware.  If you run into any problems it would be easier to assist with this over the phone.  Could you call in to the SBSC (Small Business Support Center)?

3 REPLIES

UC 560 and SPA525G2

If you've downloaded the SPA525G2 firmware file from www.cisco.com it should have been a .zip file.  Extract the .zip file and in the extracted folder you will see 2 .bin files, one is Blue Tooth capable and one is not, indicated by the bt in the filename.  Whichever file you decide to use, rename it to spa525g-7-4-9.bin and then drag and drop it onto the UC500 in the topology in CCA.  Once that finishes successfully, the remote phones should then be rebooted and will then be able to upgrade to the 7.4.9 firmware.  If you run into any problems it would be easier to assist with this over the phone.  Could you call in to the SBSC (Small Business Support Center)?

Re: UC 560 and SPA525G2

Thank You very much for taking the time to reply to this post.

I guess draging and dropping is not as simple I am unable to drag and drop.

Kamran

Re: UC 560 and SPA525G2

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista you must completely turn off UAC (which will require a reboot). Then you can do the drag and drop. Also try naming it spa525.bin.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content