Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320-AA is silent for Initial menu prompt

Rachna Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

The UC320 is almost in the default settings. AA recording number 398 and AA number 300.

I recorded a new  prompt number 10 and saved it and applied it on Initial menu prompt, but if you dial 300 from the SPA phone its always Blank.

The same prompt I applied it under Auto Attendant button 5 and it works fine. I could hear it after dialling 300 >>silence>> knowingly press 5 >>reached the new recorded prompt

Initial Menu prompt   10.Prompt Number 10

5. Play promt, then...

10. Prompt Number 10  (the new recorded one)             Then,

Transfer call to 104..

Can any one please help, why the same prompt is not working for Initial menu prompt option, please..

The firmware I am using is 2.1.1 (7). Also attaching a screenshot.

Regards,

Rachna

8 Replies 8

Rachna Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention, if I am using the system default prompts like, if you know your party's extension or press for english,,, its still silence and If using for other AA buttons, it works...

Regards,

Rachna

Hi Rachna,

What REGION is configured?  If you dial back into the AA Prompt recorder (default 398), select prompt 10# then hit 2 to "Review", do you hear the prompt as you expect?

Chris

Hi Chris

Region settings are AU.

Yes, I can hear it from SPA phone by pressing the recorder extension and selecting the prompt 10 # and then 2 to review.

It issue happens after applying any prompt to inital menu prompt, however submenu also works fine (configured for testing the prompt).

Regards,

Rachna

anyone Please

Regards,

Rachna

Hi Rachna,

If your UC320W has it's WAN connected, can you please log into the UC320W Configuration Utility then from the top right menu select Services -> Feedback -> Report a Problem.  In the problem description please put ATTENTION Chris Edgeworth and paste the URL to this discussion thread. 

This will send your configuration to Cisco where I can take a quick look. 

Thanks,

Chris

Ok Chris,

The WAN is not connected but I will do it as you suggested.Thank you.

Regards,

Rachna

Hi Chris,

I reset it a couple of times and recorded all the prompts again. Its working now, but currently there is a new issue:

On receiving a call, if the caller hangs up, the SPA phones still rings for the configured timeout and if I pickup the call then there is a disengage tone, however, it happens only with the FXO and not with SIP.

I couldn't fins the services> report a problem on the 320 utility, hwoever I could see it when there was no internet and the 320 was rebooting, it only appears then..I am doing something wrong??

Regards,

Rachna

Hi Chris

Just reported a problem for your Attention with this UC320.

Regards,

Rachna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: