Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 won't reset?

dventer-telus
Level 1
Level 1

We have had a UC320 for about a week and

since the weekend it stopped handing out IP addresses to phones and connected computers. We have ruled out spikes, surges and lightning strikes as it wasn't connected to any analog lines and it was on clean power. Unfortunately we discovered today cannot do a system reset on it either - holding the pin in for ten to fifteen secs does little more than tickle the unit. Doing this while powering it on is equally ineffective.

Anybody else had this sort of trouble? Any suggestions about what to do with the unit? We received it on eval from Cisco but our Cisco rep suggested we post our situation here.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

This seems to be a truly dead box. We might have to RMA it. I will contact you directly.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

This seems to be a truly dead box. We might have to RMA it. I will contact you directly.

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mr. Dirk,

Could you try a little trick to reset the equipment and see if will it solve?

1 - Press the reset button for 10 seconds

2 - Still pressing the reset button unplug the power cord (eletric energy) and plug it again

3 - Continue to press the reset button for more 15 seconds

In two cases it worked for me, i hope it should help in your case.

Thanks,

Regards.

Hi Audrey

We were advised telephonically not to attempt a system reset until the unit had booted and had been running for around five minutes. Prior to receiving this advice (which we applied without success) we had also tried varying combinations of holding the reset button with and without a simultaneous power cycle. The number of combinations we tried bares testiment to our levels of enthusiasm or perhaps desperation, however none were successful and the little unit obstinately refused to reset. I have no idea how prevalent this type of issue is as I suspect many engineers will only attempt a system reset under extreme and infrequent circumstances.

Hi Dirk,

Before you return the unit, I advise you to contact Cisco Small Business Support Center.  If you cannot login to the device, there may still be a chance to recover your device.  I have performed a couple of these procedures, and have succeeded in restoring the device.  Our Customer Support personnel should be able to assist you in recovering your UC320W.  Do let us know outcome.

Their phone number is: 1-866-606-1866.  The following link contains all contact numbers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Cheers,

Julio

Hi Julio

The unit has shipped. But I don't think that there are too many ways to push the reset button. I think we have pretty much tried them all.

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mr.Dirk,

Lets agree with Navin, this must be something wrong with your box and the best way is to RMA it.

Thanks,

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

Paul Norris
Level 1
Level 1

I went on the UC320 Course at Cisco London, and we had to hold the reset for around 20 seconds before you hear a click inside the box.

If you press the reset for 6 seconds the box resets, power lamp blinks.

After 20 Seconds Factory Defaults.

Hi Paul,

After 20 Seconds Factory Defaults.

You are dead right, I did a firmware upgrade on it and I thought I bricked the thing, and I had a rough time trying to reset it to factory, but I held the Reset button down for 15 seconds, powered it down whilst still holding the reset key, counted to 10 and then powered it back up, and still holding the reset key I waited for the clicking noise (About 30 seconds) and it come back to life again

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: