cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320w Busy Lamp Field Lights Are Orange

ben
Level 1
Level 1

I've done my first UC320 install and most things seem to work well.  The one problem I'm consistently having is that the Busy Lamp Field indicator lights for various extensions turn orange (usually overnight) and the entire system needs to be rebooted to return the system to normal.  The extensions that turn orange are still registered and working properly but other phones are reporting that extension is disconnected (that's what orange indicator lights mean, correct?).  Any idea what could be causing this?

14 Replies 14

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ben,

I have a customer who's system does the same. You can clear the orange button by rebooting the phone being BLF'd, so if the receptionist's phone is monitoring phone x201, and the button has gone orange, rebooting x201 fixes it - at least on this system. Don't know what's causing it.

Adam

Hi,

Can you please verify that your phones are on the voice VLAN and have an IP address from the voice VLAN (both the monitored phone and the phone with BLF button(s)).  How many BLF buttons are provisioned on your systems and how many phones do you have connected?  We will take a look at this in our labs. 

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

100% sure phones are on voice vlan.

Our customer has about 18 phones, mix of 504,508,525g2

The reception's phone is a 508 with sidecar. BLF is monitoring about 8 users.

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for the information.

For Ben or Adam,

Can you provide some additional information please? When the phone being monitored has an orange lamp, can you still place calls to that phone? Please make more than one call to verify it is working correctly.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Anthony,

All phones are operational. It's just the occasional orange BLF on the sidecar. I think most of the phones being monitored by the 508/SC are 525g2's.

BTW, I've stopped receiving emails when Forum threads are updated for some reason, so If I don't respond - please email me adam.crisp@ voip.co.uk

thanks

Test to see if you get the email notifications now.

No Sorry, The last email I received from @jivesoftware.com was the 1st July.

I have checked Postini + spam folders.

Hi Adam,

I am testing to see if you are receiving email notifications on this post.  We made some changes over the weekend which should have resolved this issue.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

One last test - sorry for the (not) SPAM...  (it can't be SPAM if you are not getting these ;-) )

Last year I had swapped out the switch and I thought the problem was resolved, but I've just been recently told that the issue persists.  It seems that now the lights are red as if that person is on a call, not orange as if the phone is not connected.  As I said previously, these BLF lights usually come on at night.

To resolve this issue they reboot the phone with the incorrect BLF lights.  They don't need to reboot the phone being monitored.

I am using the latest general firmware release, 2.1.2 (10).

Other than this BLF problem the phones function without issue.  They are not experiencing any call quality issues or any other problems.

EDIT- I spoke with the customer today and it seems they are also getting the flashing orange lights occasionally signaling that the phone that button is monitoring is offline, even though it is working perfectly.

Hi Ben,

You might try upgrading to one of the more recent firmware releases.  There have been a significant number of bug fixes since 2.1.2 firmware.  You can find information on the releases here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-22559

2.2.1 contains a new major phone firmware update too.

Chris

Chris,

I will update the firmware over the weekend and I will report back Monday morning.

I did notice that I am using the Line Monitor function for the BLF instead of Phone Monitor.  That's because Phone Monitoring was added in a firmware update after the installation was completed.

Each phone has a single extension assigned to it anyway, so I decided in that scenario that Line Monitoring would be the same as Phone Monitoring.  Any thoughts on this?

Okay, I updated to 2.2.1 on Sunday night and they reported no issues with the BLF lights on Monday.  I followed up with them this morning (Tuesday) and they tell me there have been no more stuck BLF lights.  This isn't conclusive, but I'm hopeful.  I will follow up at the end of the week and let you know if we're still in good shape.

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

We have a customer with this issue as well.

SPA504 phones, rebooting the phone fixes it.

Its not nightly...but a few times a month.

We have a TAC case open... but they aren't getting much of anywhere with it. The latest from them was to try moving the phone in question to a different switch port...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: