cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W drops incoming call when answered on second ring

mperreault
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC320W setup with no auto-attendant, and 5 phones that share two FXO lines for inbound and outbound. It seems that if you answer from any phone on either line during the second ring, the call drops. If you answer between rings, after the first or after the second, it answers fine. Has anyone seen this issue before?

thanks,

Marc           

10 Replies 10

Oh yes I have. Please let me save you around 2 weeks of support calls and config changes. In my case it was both with inbound and outbound dialing. If they are standard fxo lines I would say you have two issues going on.

1. Line impedance issues( you can fix this directly from the uc320 but you needs to run test line by line. Each line and carrier has a different impedance match.

Them after you did this see if the issues is fixed.

If not your tip and ring might be backwards. I know with other systems This does not matter but with all uc320 and 500s it does. You might be able to fix this, but I all depends our your technical skills.

I hope that helps.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Marc,

Could you please collect FXO syslog at Status-> Support Tools in Configure Utility when the call is dropped? Please send it to me at wenyang@cisco.com.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

So how do i test this on the lines?

Hi Marc,

If making an inbound FXO call and the call is dropped, the syslog will be displayed at Status-> Support Tools in Configure Utility. Please copy the syslog in the email and send it to me at wenyang@cisco.com.

I believe that you hit to a bug, just would like to confirm from the syslog. If it is, I will send you an PMF to fix it.

Best regards,

Wendy

Yes getting the syslog will help. But my bet is on the tip and ring reversal. I know you can't test for it but I have seen this same thing before on the uc320 and since the fxo is then converted to a sip connection strange things happen.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

sosmallbusinesstech,  should I literally reverse the wires in the pair on the BIX? THat's how it's connected. I have it from a BIX using a single  CAT5e pair and then terminates with a RJ11 connector into the UC320

Ho Marc,

You have hit to a bug and I have sent you the PMF to resolve it.

Best regards,

Wendy

Excuse me - as you will see in a post I made earlier, I also have this problem.  Please may I have a copy of the PMF also?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards

Leslie

cdhcwbrier
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue, however, my calls goes to voice mail.

syslog has been uploaded.

Ron Kirschner
Level 1
Level 1

This started happening to me about a year ago and until recently calls went to voicemail.  Cisco's response under my service contract was to reboot.  Have done that regularly, but now all calls are dropping and not even going to voicemail.  Rebooting no loonger helps, and since support ended and I couldn't renew my agreement I'm up the creek without a paddle right now.  Was this issue ever solved?

I'd attach syslof, but can't see how to save it for posting.  Any help would be appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: