Can someone confirm for me that the FXO ports on the UC320W support callerID? I know on my older voice gateways, caller ID on FXO was not possible.
It will be deployed in Canada.
If I recall, the issue with FXO and Caller ID was for MGCP deployments. I don't do much in the SMB space but I have a client that is interested in the UC320W.
Caller-ID should work just fine when the UC320 is connected to a regular Telephone Line. If it does not, then I would open up a TAC case. I would make sure that you are on version 2.1.3 ( Latest Limited Deployment Release that has fixes for FXO).
Im having the same issue with two system's I recently deployed. One is on our fiber optic network and all services are routed and switched through our Telco. While the other UC320 has service from a different carrier. Both have 4 FXO lines configured for use.
When the system on our network recieves a call from a different customer on our network, caller ID is fine. But when you test the number using a cell phone, different carrier etc. caller ID just results in FXO1-4.
This happens 100% of the time for the UC320 not connected to our network.
Both systems are up to date with the latest firmware. I have played with the FXO gains and cannot seem to anything to work.
These are deployed in the US and we do not have this issue with our UC500 and CME deployments. Any suggestions?
I have ruled out Caller ID issues with the carrier considering we are the carrier for the one system and do not have this issue with any of our other deployments.
If I'm reading this right, you are seeing that caller ID delivery on one of your systems seems to depend upon the originator's telco?
Are you sure the calls are coming into the same FXO? We have seen several instances where a customer had some of their FXOs provisioned with Caller ID and others not. One test that can be done is to put a phone line splitter on the FXO. One end of T splitter goes to telco, another end goes to the FXO port, and the 3rd end goes to an analog phone with caller ID display. Make your test call and see if you are seeing caller ID on the analog but not on the UC320 connected phone. If this is the case, we'll need you to open a case with the Cisco Small Business Support center where they have some audio capture tools where engineering can take a closer look at the caller ID signals.
I tested my UC320 in a lab environment with FXO ports running off our service. I used an analog caller ID box and a T splitter to confirm that we are delivering caller ID to the UC320.
I can confirm now that the UC320 is not distributing the Caller ID through the system for some reason. I will be opening a TAC case this afternoon to attempt at finding a fix to this ongoing issue.
**Opened tac case: 619889631**
I am having the same issue with my UC320W, no CLID on FXO ports, just "fxo1" in my case.I also have a SIP trunk and no problems with the CLID there. My telephone service provider is videotron (montreal, canada). Please let me know if you find a solution.
I spoke to cisco chat support two times today, the first tech asked me to downgrade from 2.1.3 to 2.1.2 but this didn't help, second tech asked me to upgrade to 2.1.3 witch oviousley didn't work either.
Do you have case numbers from the chat sessions? I'd like to follow up on the cases. Have you run the FXO Impedance Matching found on the FXO page for each of your FXO ports? 2.1.3 LD firmware contains a fix to handle a particular problem with Caller ID. That is the preferred load over 2.1.2 if you are seeing Caller ID issues. If you have run the impedance matching and are still seeing the problem, please put a call into the SBSC where they can perform some audio captures on the FXO port for analysis of the Caller ID signaling. There may be some additional tweaks that are needed in the firmware.
What is your system setting for Region?
Unfortunately I did not keep the case number, but I can give you the serial number of the unit if that will help.
I did run the Impedance Matching and no luck. I also downgrade to 2.1.2 and did a reset to factory defaults as the cisco tech sugested and then upgraded to 2.1.3 but again no luck. Now the impedance matching test is not running anymore (it did yesterday on both 2.1.2 and 2.1.3) I will try another reset and see if that will fix back the impedance matching test.
The response I got back was there is a bug and they do not have a fix for it yet. My ticket has been closed for the time being. If anyone gains any traction on this, please let me know asap.
Your case has been reopened and a Cisco Support Escalation engineer should have already reached out to you to collect additional information for troubleshooting.
Good news, I did another downgrade to 2.1.2, did a reset to factory defaults, updated to 2.1.3 and now is working. I also called my TSP (in the same time I was reseting the unit) and complained about caller ID issues, it started to work right after that, in other words not sure where the problem was, uc320 or TSP or maybe both.
Many thanks to Christopher and BMany for the help and follow up.
Case number: 619890125
I worked with Cisco today (thank you Christopher for escalating) and we were able to get my lab system to recognize CID through impedence matching.
I will be applying this to my customer sites to confirm that this is a working solution. I will update when I know!