cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W ignores Call Routing in Automatic Day/Night Mode

oceanSDE
Level 1
Level 1

I have a system installed as a hybrid, with 2 FXO ports configured as a Shared FXO port group with outbound dialing.  There are 5 extensions and each one has it's own extension and the two FXO lines appearing on the phones.  They do not want an AA - they just want VM with a Open Greeting and a Closed Greeting.  To accomplish this, I enabled Call Routing using the automatic day/night schedule, confirmed the schedule was 8am - 5pm M-F.  Then, set the Shared FXO group to route to extension 100 during the day and 101 at night.  This give the customer an opportunity to answer the phone after hours if they choose, but extension 100 is the Reception desk and she checks messages throughout the day.  Extension 101 is the manager and she checks the messages from closed hours on her extension.

The system works fine during the day, but it completely ignores the Night mode.  Also, now when extension 100 is on the phone and a second call comes in, the shared line appearance is orange on everyone else's phones and they cannot pick up the incoming call.  I'm not sure what direction to go in, and with the system resetting every single time we make a change, well let's just say that's not good.

Thoughts anyone?

4 Replies 4

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Day / Night mode is a little tricky on the Shared FXOs. I dont clearly understand what you have setup so you would have to send me your config at nalbert@cisco.com. What version are you using.

When Shared FXO is created, all FXOs that are added to the Shared FXO will route the calls to the Shared FXO. You cannot use the "Inbound call" routing section at all. So the only option you have is to choose a Night route inside the Shared FXO. Is this what you have done?

I am not sure what you mean by "Then, set the Shared FXO group to route to extension 100 during the day". It should route to the Shared FXO during the day.

Make sure you decribe clearly weather you are "Routing" or "CFNA"ing. I would be able to help you better after I know that.

Navin

Yep, that's it exactly... during the day, they wanted calls to ring 4 times, then go to a voicemail with a "we're helping other callers - please leave a message" greeting.  At night, they want it ring 4 times, but then go to a voicemail with "we're closed - please leave a message" greeting.  It always goes to the day message.  I also got a call from them today saying that when extension 100 is on the phone, the other phones in the office cannot answer the shared lines anymore.. will send the config.  Thanks for the response...

Kimber,

This seems to working on the MR2 release. Login to your  UC320 to download Mr2. Could you please cofirm with me that this is indeed fixed in MR2.

I had an issue with call routing & day/night schedules.

Issue was with NTP not sync'ing.

I reconfigured the WAN (Grayfield configuration) and that resolved issue.

I have system set to Ring Operator for 10 Seconds then roll to AA if not answered during the day.

At night it rolls directly to AA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: