cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W invalid extension error

joseph.amaral
Level 1
Level 1

On a UC320W -- if someone calls in and they dial an extension that isn't valid, but starts with the right digit (in this case '2') then it just beep-beep-beeps and errors out. Sort of an ungraceful way to handle someone who fat fingers an extension.

The "you have reached an invalid extension..." works fine if they hit the 1st digit of a "not defined" plan. It's just if they have 2 as the first digit (it's where the extensions are) that things get ugly. So the client has extensions 201, 202, 203, etc... if someone hits 220 (there's no device or user there) it beep-beep-beeps them and punts them out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

joseph.amaral
Level 1
Level 1

As a further follow up; doesn't matter if calling from an external line or you're internal:

Internally if you dial an extension on our extensions (2xx) that doesn’t have a user/mailbox/device it errors out, so if I am sitting on extension 210 (my extension) and I dial 287 (nothing is there) it beep-beeps- and croaks.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the feedback.  We do have an enhancement bug open on this issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: