Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 MultiSite Manager

shawny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

This may be a silly question, but what exactly does the 'Multi-Site Manager' do in a UC500?  If I'm setting this up remotely, is there a good chance that I'm going to lose my connection for some reason (I'm using one of the UCs for a VPN connection).  Can anyone point me to a document somewhere that can highlight exactly what it is that the MultiSite Manager adds / changes / installs?

Thank you,

~Shawn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shawn,

Multisite manager is used to configure a VPN that allows calls between 2 or more UC’s.  New additions to CCA allow the multisite manager to also create just a data VPN without the dial plans to another router.

The multisite manger will configure the crypto maps and ACL’s on the UC.  So if you are doing this remotely through a VPN there is always a chance that you will lose your connection.  If you need additional information on the Multisite manger please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shawn,

Multisite manager is used to configure a VPN that allows calls between 2 or more UC’s.  New additions to CCA allow the multisite manager to also create just a data VPN without the dial plans to another router.

The multisite manger will configure the crypto maps and ACL’s on the UC.  So if you are doing this remotely through a VPN there is always a chance that you will lose your connection.  If you need additional information on the Multisite manger please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: