cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 to UC500 VPN setup

angelo castro
Level 1
Level 1

Can i setup 2 UC500 system on different location using VPN  & sharing only 1 PSTN or ISDN connection on both side? how?

Regards,

Angelo

3 Replies 3

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

I've never heard of someone trying to setup two UC500's with VPN using 1 ISDN.  You can, however, use an 871 or 500 series security router to VPN back to the UC.  The UC500 would perform call processing for the remote site.  I believe (unless it's changed) that you can have up to 5 phones behind the 871/500.

You can also VPN two UC500's together to use for 3 or 4 digit site to site calling.  This is called a multisite deployment.

Hi rowseyba1,

we have to connect our remote site to our main office which only have ISDN connection..example how to connect 80 IP

extension to main system? so it means cannot deploy another system(UC500 etc..) to handle 80 IP ext on remote site then connect to main system(UC500 etc) on the main site also have IP Phone conected?

Regards,

Angelo

I would not use UC5xx for that type of deployment.  I would move up to CME or Business Edition.  The UC5xx wasn't meant to be deployed in that manner.  I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that I wouldn't advise it.