cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 with SIP Trunk Provider - TCP

matt.slaga
Level 4
Level 4

I've been working with the CCA to configure a SIP trunk with a SIP provider on a UC520.  The provider wants us to use SIP over TCP, but the CCA only seems to want to configure SIP over UDP.  I've reconfigured the dial peers directly to accomodate SIP over TCP and all is working fine.  I wanted to touch back to the community though and see if there is a way to configure a SIP trunk over TCP using the CCA.

Thanks,

Matt                  

2 Replies 2

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I do not believe there is any way to change this in CCA.

Is there a reason you changed this in the dial-peer's?

This could have been done thusly:

sip-ua

transport tcp

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

By default, TCP is enabled under sip-ua, along with UDP and SIP TLS.  The default for SIP in dial-peers though appears to be UDP.  After I adjusted the dial-peers to TCP and everything worked, I left it there.  I did go back later though and disable UDP and SIP TLS under the sip-ua though.

I also have not found any way to change this under the CCA.  Almost all of the SIP providers that I have worked with prefer TCP, so hopefully this will change in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: