Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UC540/560 Analog from T1

The company I work for is looking into upgrading the phone system.  One of the systems I am currently looking at is the UC500 series.  The system we currently using has lots of issues with call quality (lots of static and choppiness) and drops call.  The current system is an analog to VoIP system.  The OEM has told me that our phone service is to blame for the issues.  I don't belive that is the issue.  I think their product is faulty but I have had product exchanges, but still having issues.  I do want to know if our current voice setup will cause a problem with the UC500 series.

Our phone/network setup is this.  We have a T1 that comes into the building.  From there it goes to a service router.  The service router splits up voice and data.  The voice that comes out of the router in analog through an amphenol connection to a punch down block out to standard RJ-11 telephone connectors.  Data goes out through a 10/100 ethernet connection to the office router.  Does anyone here use a UC500 series with a voice configuration like this or does any know if this type of configuration will cause call quality issues with the UC500?  Thank you.

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: UC540/560 Analog from T1

Yes, the UC500 can be used in the way you described.

However, it would be much, much better if the voice connection comes into the UC500 in digital form, as that significatly improves quality and add important features. This can be done by adding the appropriate modules and configuration on the service router that you mention, or replacing it with an UC500 or ISR G2 altogether.

In any case you will need design support from a reputable consultant or UC certified Cisco partner, because if you try to figure out things by yourself, chances are you will end up being more confused.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content