Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 incoming call problem with hunt group

benspark22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an issue with a UC540 and incoming calls when going to a hunt group.  I have setup a sequential hunt group as I need to forward calls in a certain order.  But when the first phone is in use within the hunt group the call is still going to that phone first, it doesn't seem to notice that phone is busy.  Is there anyway around this it will forward onto the next phone after 8 seconds but I want to stop it from going there if the line is in use.

I have tried to change the incoming calls to go to the one extension first directly and then setup that phone to forward to the hunt group if busy. I removed the phone from the hunt group, ut again still the call is forwarded to the phone first.

Am I missing something

6 Replies 6

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Ben,

By default, each phone button can handle two phone calls(unless you have phones that can handle octo lines then it's 8)  The system doesn't see the phone as being busy because of this.  On the ephone in CLI, you will need to configure each phone button to only handle one call per line.  To do that enter the configuration below:

conf t

ephone 3 <-- your ephone number

max-calls-per-button 1

This will turn off "call waiting" for each line.

Hi Brad

Thanks for that, I have now configured the max-calls-per-button 1 on the phones.  However it still doesn't notice the phones is busy.  I have even given the phone system a reboot to see if that would cure the problem

Dale

Odd.  That should have worked.  I will lab up this scenario in a few minutes and let you know what I find. 

Dale,

What model phones are you using?

Hi Brad

It does seem odd as I can see the phones were allowing 2 calls per button but are now on one call per button as your advice.  All phones are SPA504G

Dale

Dale,

I was able to find the issue.  By default, the UC540 makes each ephone-dn a dual line.  If you're fairly comfortable with CLI, you can fix this by deleting your old ephone-dn's and readding them without the dual-line.  This may or may not break CCA for changes and it is not a Cisco approved configuration for UC540/560.  This will break call waiting ability and conference call ability on this extension.  Just remember you will have to perform this for each extension you want in the hunt group.  You will also have to delete your hunt group and readd it as well.  I have added the configuration below and tested it.  You can do the same for testing, don't save it until you're satisifed with the results.  You can always reload the system if it doesn't work.    If you have any questions, just let me know.

no ephone-dn 1 dual-line<--or whatever your ephone-dn is.

ephone-dn 1

number 202 no-reg both

label 202

description Bob

name Bob

call-forward busy 399<--your VM pilot number

call-forward noan 399 timeout 20

ephone 1<--your phone ephone

button 1:1

reset

no ephone-hunt 1 sequential

ephone-hunt 1 sequential

pilot 502

list 202,203,204

final 399<--or your final destination

timeout 8,8,8

no-reg pilot

statistics collect

description Incoming Hunt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: