Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 Shared Analog Extensions

john.fleming
Level 4
Level 4

Hey all!

So I am trying to do a CME migration to a UC540.  Outside of the requirement to use an access digit to dial an outside number the basic functionality is working well.  The issue I have is that there is a need/requirment to connect the Front Gate opener and the Doorbell to the System.

Right now in CME every phone has the following 2 DN's as buttons on the phone:

ephone-dn  140
ring internal primary
no call-waiting beep
number 3140
label Front Gate
description Front Gate
name Front Gate
call-forward noan 4444 timeout 18

ephone-dn  142
ring internal primary
no call-waiting beep
number 3142
label Entrance
description Entrance
name Entrance
call-forward noan 4444 timeout 18

These DN's are associated with the Analog ports as follows:

voice-port 0/0/3

timeouts ringing 10

connection plar 3140

description Front Gate

station-id name Front Gate

voice-port 0/1/0

timeouts ringing 10

connection plar 3142

description Entrance

station-id name Entrance

The basic operation of this is that when someone pulls up to the gate they push the button, that in turn rings the lines on the phones.  They answer this line from any phone and enter a code to open the gate.

On the doorbell side, when someone presses the doorbell it ring all the line on the phones and after 18 seconds does a cfna to 4444 which has the following Dial Peer settings:

dial-peer voice 444 voip

description Doorbell Hangup

destination-pattern 4444

session protocol sipv2

session  target ipv4:172.x.x.x

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

This acts as the hangup function.

I need to figure out how to replicate these two processes through CCA as to not ruin the software.  The whole purpose of migrating is so that there is a decent gui that will allow them to self manage the environment. 

I forgot to add this is an example of the ephone config:

ephone 28

mac-address xxx.xxx.xxx

ephone-template 1

paging-dn 100

type 7971

button 1:3 2:1 3:2 4:4

button 5:35 6:142 7:140 8o100,127

Help Please!

13 Replies 13

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello John,

This is not going to be possible in CCA:

dial-peer voice 444 voip

destination-pattern 4444

The only time CCA would create an ipv4 target for a dial-peer would be for multisite or calls to CUE. You can certainly add that in the CLI, but it might break elements of CCA.

Thanks,

-john

Thanks for the reply John.

That is the way it is configured in CME today.  I don't need it to be exactly like that I just need to figure out how to make the functions work.

So I guess my real questions are how do I get the lines to ring when someone pushes the button and how to I get the doorbell to hang up automatically?

Hello,

What exactly does this dial-peer do in relation to hanging up?

dial-peer voice 444 voip

description Doorbell Hangup

destination-pattern 4444

session protocol sipv2

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

It looks like it just forwards the call to the 172.x.x.x IP.

As for getting the calls to ring, CCA will not allow you to PLAR the FXS ports.

Do those devices have dial pads?

It seems like you are just going to have to recreate the functionality in the CLI if you have to have it. However, it might break the FXS and user sections of CCA.

Thanks,

-john

Well that is the hinge pin I guess.  The interfaces do not have dial pads, just a button.  I think I can make the PLAR change without breaking cca but the issue comes when I try to assign the extension to all the phones.

Is there a CCA "Feature" such as overlay, monitor, etc... that would allow for this?  Can I assign the FXS DN to a hunt pilot?

Basically on the Doorbell scenario I just need it to stop ringing without going to vm or anything.  That is all the Dial Peer did.  There has to be a way to stop a phone from ringing in cca right?

The user would never need to access the FXS settings so I think doing that through CLI should be ok.

Hello,

In order to share the extension on the FXS port and IP phone, in CCA you will have to make the analog phone a user phone. Then assign the button as a "shared line" button type on the FXS port and IP phone.

As for the disconnect, the user's receive the call on their phone correct? Do they answer the call at all? Or is this just for a scenario where if they don't answer after 10 seconds we want to disconnect the call? If so, just send the call to an invalid number.

Thanks,

-john

John thanks for your continued responses.  I tried setting the PLAR through the CLI and it just does not seem to be working. 

Is there a way I could throw hardware at this issue?  Maybe and ATA?  Would I have the ability on the ATA to accomplish this?

Hello,

I don't think additional hardware will make a difference as it still has to be configured through CCA.

What is the issue with the PLAR on the FXS voice ports? Is it not taking the command? Is the PLAR function just not working?

Thanks,

-john

It is taking the command but it is not working.  I wonder if it has something to do with the line being on all the phones as a shared line?  On the CME system it was set as a normal line.

Hello,

The PLAR destination is the same as the shared extension? What happens if you test with a normal extension?

If neither of those work, please setup the following debug and recreate the issue:

debug vpm signal

debug voice ccapi inout

Thanks,

-john

If I set it up as a normal line on one phone configured like my original post it works.  As soon as I change it to a shared extension it all goes bad.

Hello,

Can you post the DN for the normal vs shared extension. Can you also provide me the ephone configuration in regards to the shared line? In the CLI itself there really isn't much a difference, they are both just DNs. I'll see if I can replicate this issue in the lab.

Thanks,

-john

John

I have a attached the file that has the two configurations.  The key difference I see is that using the "Shared Extension" in UC540 adds "no-reg both" to the DN config.  Other than that I have everything else the same.

I had theem test today and they told me the phone never rings and they get static at the doorbell speaker.

I have to get this to work, I know it can be accomplished somehow.

Thanks,

John

Hello,

Config looks fine. I tested this in my lab and didn't have any issues with a shared line being the plar destination for the FXS port. Can you setup the following debugs and recreate the issue:

debug voice ccapi inout

debug vpm signal

Then post the debug output here. If you need this now, you might have to just do it in the CLI entirely.

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: