Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 - SNR feature

Hello,
I am configuring a UC540 for a customer. Before doing the initial configuration, I upgraded the UC540 to 8.0.5? (or whatever the latest one available is). I set up 9 desk phones but have not set up the phone lines. Then, I enabled SNR for 1 user and the "mobile" number I entered was another user's extension to test the feature as the system is still not live. From what I read, once the phone starts ringing, the mobile phone will ring as well (it's taking our "mobile" phone a couple of seconds to start ringing but that's OK). When you pick up the desk phone, the mobile phone will stop ringing and you can choose to transfer the call to your mobile phone by pressing the Mobility button on the phone. Another way would be to pick up the mobile phone and to resume the call on the desk phone, you would have to press the Resume key on the desk phone. However, I never see this Resume key as the desk phone keeps ringing and ringing for a long time (I think it never stops unless you hang up the call). Is this the correct behavior? Is there any more tweaks that need to be done on the UC540? I did it all through CCA so I am not sure if something is missing.
Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, I just set this up on my UC560 with 8.0.2 SWPack:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9827

I configured it using TEL #26

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/11766-102-1-26304/TEL_26_UC500_SNR_CCA.pdf

I called the SPA504G, which was configured to SNR to another extension (201 in my case). 201 rings and I answer it.

the SPA504G continues to ring for the timer pushed from CCA (30 seconds).

ephone-dn  18  dual-line
number 209 no-reg primary
label 209
description Five Zerofour
name Five Zerofour
mobility
snr 201 delay 5 timeout 30 cfwd-noan 400
call-forward busy 400
call-forward noan 400 timeout 20

Once 30 seconds expires, the Phone will show RESUME key and the extension should flash RED so you can pull the call back either way (button or RESUME).

So it should work for you too....

Can you share your ephone-dn ?

Can you double check your code (CCA can show you your SW in MONITOR: Telephony: SW Pack.

Steve

P.S.

I want to tell you that I am happy your are staging this system before deployment.   This is better than learning this on site ;-)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

SNR is meant for external numbers, i.e. home (PSTN/ISDN) or mobile phone (PLMN). SNR is not tested with internal numbers so cannot predict if what you are doing is the right behavior or not. I suggest to try the feature with an external phone, behavior is as expected. If you are using internal numbers, then your feature could be a shared line.

Regards;
Alberto

Alberto,

Thank you for your response. I figured the feature is not meant to be used internally but with the system not being live yet, I thought I would give it a try. A shared line would not work because, like I said before, the user wants the SNR feature so he can receive calls on his mobile.

Thank you.

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, I just set this up on my UC560 with 8.0.2 SWPack:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9827

I configured it using TEL #26

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/11766-102-1-26304/TEL_26_UC500_SNR_CCA.pdf

I called the SPA504G, which was configured to SNR to another extension (201 in my case). 201 rings and I answer it.

the SPA504G continues to ring for the timer pushed from CCA (30 seconds).

ephone-dn  18  dual-line
number 209 no-reg primary
label 209
description Five Zerofour
name Five Zerofour
mobility
snr 201 delay 5 timeout 30 cfwd-noan 400
call-forward busy 400
call-forward noan 400 timeout 20

Once 30 seconds expires, the Phone will show RESUME key and the extension should flash RED so you can pull the call back either way (button or RESUME).

So it should work for you too....

Can you share your ephone-dn ?

Can you double check your code (CCA can show you your SW in MONITOR: Telephony: SW Pack.

Steve

P.S.

I want to tell you that I am happy your are staging this system before deployment.   This is better than learning this on site ;-)

Hello Steve,

You know, I didn't wait as long as 30 seconds so I'm not sure if the setup is the same as yours... but I guess it should be as I also followed TEL #26, but I didn't check my ephone-dn.

I don't have the equipment with me right now so I can't grab the ephone-dn or the SW pack, but I will do that as soon as I get a chance and post it back here.

I am happy I did it this way too! I hate not being prepared so I figured I would set up the box first, then when we are ready to switch over, I would just set up the phone lines. This means less down time for the customer, and a smaller headache for me as I don't have to be testing this hoping it will work right when we are in the process of making it live.

Thanks!

Steve,

It does work, I had to wait 30 seconds for the Resume key to come up. Here is my ephone-dn:

ephone-dn 25 dual-line

number 200 no-reg primary

label User

description User Name

name User Name

mobility

snr 104 delay 5 timeout 30 cfwd-noan 399

call-forward busy 399

call-forward noan 399 timeout 20

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: