cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 software upgrade

RexPr
Level 1
Level 1

Using CCA and  I’m trying to upgrade US540’s software. After the first stage, I’ve this message:

Ping researchable test failed from CUE to CCA embedded TFTP server 192.168.0.78 please check ….

The message say  that the TFTP server is on IP 192.168.0.78, but this IP is not  on my network, it seem an old default configuration. Where is it? How to change?

Thanks, 

Fabrizio

www.rfc.it       

Fabrizio www.rfc.it
3 Replies 3

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Fabrizio,

This problem happens ussually when the workstation running CCA does not point to the UC500 as its default gateway.  We often just add a route ("c:\>route add 192.168.0.78 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.10.1" for instance) on the workstation to correct the problem.  A UC540 ussually has this line in its running configuration file, "ip tftp source-interface Loopback0".  So another method that we do try is removing that command.  In a CCA compliant configuration the Loopback0 IP address is 10.1.10.2.

Hope this helps,

Christopher

Thank you for your suggestion. I’ll try, even if don’t know why the software upgrade say me 192.168.0.78.  On my UC540 I don’t have such address.

Fabrizio

www.rfc.it

Fabrizio www.rfc.it

Found. It's one of my stupid mistakes. Sometime happen. Too much. The problem is firewall enabled on PC. A classic warning on manuals . Only one mitigation factor: normally I work with workstation with firewall disabled.

Fabrizio

www.rfc.it

Fabrizio www.rfc.it
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: