cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 to CCA or stay on CLI..

ppmbolton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC540 that is proving to be a pain, the system was installed by a premier partner using the CLI now in service getting support from Cisco (even though I have access to TAC etc) as the unit was not provisioned using CCA support can best be discribed as patchy. 

Do I:-

A     Stick with the CLI

B     Use CCA?

I am worried about using CCA with even just connecting the GUI to the UC appears to start changes even if the cancel buttons are used (at one point it even removed the link from my BACD queues to the assiociated ephone-trunk groups creating a load of "reserved for BACD" entries

Also I am running on version 8.2 do I upgrade to 8.6?

Thanks

Mark           

2 Replies 2

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is not what you are going to want to hear but....

Wipe it...back to factory defaults. Start again using the CCA wizards (after you update to 8.6) and you will have no troubles.... i certainly dont

UC540 system with 8.6 Software Pack

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

Hi Mark,

Backup, Backup, Backup!!!

In my opinion, for what its worth, it depends on your familiarity and comfort using the CLI. I have found that CCA sometimes has a mind of its own. But, if you have a backup from prior to attempted changes, you're safe. At least with CLI, I know what I'm doing, and I find that I have better granular control over what changes I'm making.  There is no ambiguity in the commands in CLI.

What can also be helful is seeing the CLI commands that CCA wants to send and using that as a resource to make the changes yourself in CLI.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: