cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 - return forwarded calls to originating extention VM

Brian Rapier
Level 1
Level 1

Okay i am trying to figure out how to configure this scenario.

We have a remote office  - ext 3330.

Workers that use this office will forward their ext to 3330.

3330 does not have a vm box setup.  So if no one answers the caller gets the "No vm" message and hung up on.

How would I configure the system to return the forwarded call to the originating ext?

So if ext 3239 is cfwdall to 3330 and no one answers it goes back to the 3239 voicemail.

Thanks

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Brian,

Ext. 3249-3257 should have CFNA and CFB to e.g. for 3249 - 63249 , for 3250 - CFNA and CFB 63250.

For each phone which is not at remote office you need to set it if it is forwarding to another internal number as the call will go to original dialed number if this is how it is set in the CUE.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello Brian,

You  may try the following in the CUE webgui :

Choose Voice Mail > VM Configuration. See the Mailbox Selection field and select "original-called"  instead of "last redirecting"

HTH

Alex

Any chance I can limit this setting to certain extensions? 

I tried it out, it works, but it breaks any hardcoded forwards to other mailboxes.

Thanks

Hello Brian,

No it is not possible as far as I know.

You may try to set call forward no answer and call forward busy to under ephone-dn which you need to keep the previous behavior e.g. 6500 for number 500 where "6" is the prefix which is sending directly to the voicemail of the number that is following (500 in this example) instead of the voicemail pilot e.g. 399.

HTH,

Alex

Okay I will dig into that.

The remote ext will be used by multiple users, so I cannot just forward it to one ext without user complaints.

Hello Brian,

Then you just need to enter "6"+ext of the user under Call forward busy and CFNA for those users in CCA it is under the extension settings instead of the pilot of the voicemail you enter 6and then the ext number e.g. if the extension is 2222 CFNA should be 62222. This will send the call to this specific mailbox.

HTH,

Alex

But which extension needs that?

The forward to ext? or the forwarding ext?

In this case 3330 is the forward to ext.  That is the ext in the remote office.

The exts that would be using the remote office are 3249-3257.

So what would the CFNA setting be for ext 3330?

Hello Brian,

Ext. 3249-3257 should have CFNA and CFB to e.g. for 3249 - 63249 , for 3250 - CFNA and CFB 63250.

For each phone which is not at remote office you need to set it if it is forwarding to another internal number as the call will go to original dialed number if this is how it is set in the CUE.

HTH,

Alex

Thanks, I will set it up and test it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: