Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC560 Trunk Groups as selected by dialing prefix

Hi all.

I am hoping someone can direct me to the correct path here.

I have a UC560 on a client site that needs the capability for the phones to select an outgoing trunk group via a prefix code. For instance, dial 81 to access trunk group 1, dial 82 to access trunk group 2, etc up to 84.

The UC560 has a default access code which I've set to 8 (as it does not conflict with my extension numbering) but I need a second digit. I've foind a way to edit the UC560 to delete the second digit from the called number but I am not sure it is working correctly. Also, I can't use a default dialing template as this is a vessel and the trunks are a combination of VSAT lines, GSM lines, and shore lines when available. They can have differing dial requirements. For instance, if the GSM SIM is French and the vessel is in france, then the GSM calls are local, no contry code needed, but country codes are always needed for the VSAT lines.

I have a feeling I am running afoul of the dial plan but am a bit lost. Anyone care to help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

In CCA under "Outgoing Dialplan" you can add rows to the list of destinations. You can basically duplicate all the existing ones with a different access code. I do this sometimes for clients that have both FXO and SIP. On the second tab of that window you can setup different trunk groups.

If you are using CLI, Paulo's suggestion should do the trick.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are using CCA, I do not know the answer.

Otherwise, simply configure the desired access code under a dial-peer. You will have to figure out regarding codes compatibility with dial-plan, etc.

Thanks. I've moved the discussion. I'll take a look at dial-peers and see if that helps.

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

In CCA under "Outgoing Dialplan" you can add rows to the list of destinations. You can basically duplicate all the existing ones with a different access code. I do this sometimes for clients that have both FXO and SIP. On the second tab of that window you can setup different trunk groups.

If you are using CLI, Paulo's suggestion should do the trick.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: