Views
Helpful
Replies

Update SPA525G2 firmware when connected to UC320

roger00713
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have come across an issue where i require the latest version of firmware for my SPA525G2. The current version it is running is 7.5.2 which has been provisioned through the UC320 and due to this I cant see a way to manually update the firmware for the phone.

Version 7.5.4 which has been out for almost 6 months should resolve an issue i have with a plantronics headset not ringing for incoming calls when connected to EHS. Currently EHS works well besides this feature.

It seems like supported phones firmware is packaged in with the updates for the UC320. Perhaps even customised for compatability reasons?

Is there a way to manually update the phones firmware and are there any risks or do i have to wait until the next UC320 release and hope the update for th SPA525 is included? If thats the case is there any word on when the next UC320 update will be released and what phone firmware it will include?

If anyone can assist with these queries that would be great.

Thanks.

Paul

3 Replies 3

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

I would open a case with TAC.  It will probably require a PMF to update the firmware.

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

Thanks for your help. I dont have a service contract so unable to open a case.

Hi Paul,

There is a bug about EHS feature in UC320W 2.3.2(6) firmware for SPA525 phone. It will be resolved at the next upcoming release.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang