cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT Help Required - CUE Reload

ReidJones
Level 1
Level 1

I need to reload the CUE module in our UC520.  We can't access it right now, just get the waiting.... message for a long time.

Is service-m i0/0 reset  the right command to reload it without losing any data?  I cannot reload the whole router.

Thanks

12 Replies 12

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

Restart/Reset Devices

To open the Restart/Reset window, choose Maintenance > Restart/Reset from  the feature bar.

Overview

You can restart devices in your customer site or reset them to their factory  defaults.

• Restarting a device saves the active configuration file and starts it again. A  reconnect to CCA will occur after a restart. A device is not accessible while  it is being restarted, and connectivity is interrupted briefly between the  device and its end stations.
  • Resetting a device restores the settings that it had when it was new from  the factory. After a device is reset to factory default, you can use one of the  device setup wizards to establish the configuration or re-configure the  device manually.

NOTE When resetting a device, the DHCP server might assign a new IP address  to a reset device. If this happens, the CCA Topology view shows that the device is  unreachable. Right-click on the device in the Topology view and choose Add to  Site to re-add the device to its customer site with its new IP address.

Procedures

To restart or reset a device in your customer site, follow these steps:

1. In the Restart/Reset window, select the device you want to restart or reset.
  2. Choose one of these steps:
    • Check the Restart option.
    • Check the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
    • Check both options.

3. Click OK.

To Restart CUE

For the UC500, you can also choose to restart the Cisco Unity Express module  only. Voice mail, Auto Attendant, and other telephony applications run on the CUE  module.

CAUTION       

You should only restart the CUE module if instructed to by Cisco TAC to address a  specific issue or if required as part of a related operation in Configuration Assistant,  for example, forcing a re-read of installed language files for the Cisco WebEx  PhoneConnect application.

A CUE restart can take from 10 to 15 minutes. During this time, voice mail, Auto  Attendant, and telephony applications such as Cisco WebEx PhoneConnect and  TimeCardView are unavailable.

To restart the CUE module, choose Home > Topology to open the Topology view,  right-click on the UC500 icon in the Topology view, and choose Restart CUE from  the menu.

TIP To access CUE diagnostic and troubleshooting tools, go to TroubleshootTelephony Diagnostics > CUE Diagnostics > CUE Connectivity Diagnostics. For  more information, see CUE Connectivity Diagnostics.

Not having much luck here.  Tried the restart with no sucess.  Followed the boot loader instructions found in:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13686

Everything went fine until step 5, now I'm getting the error:

The problem has occurred looks like a hardware problem. If you havebad blocks, we advise you to get a new hard drive, because once youget one bad block that the disk drive internals cannot hide fromyour sight,the chances of getting more are generally said to becomemuch higher (precise statistics are unknown to us), and this diskdrive is probably not expensive enough for you to you to risk yourtime and data on it. If you don't want to follow that follow thatadvice then if you have just a few bad blocks, try writing to thebad blocks and see if the drive remaps the bad blocks (that meansit takes a block it has in reserve and allocates it for use forof that block number). If it cannot remap the block, use badblockoption (-B) with reiserfs utils to handle this block correctly..

Is my CF dead?

Hi Reid,

On the CLI if you type "serv" then tab it, then type "int" then tab it again the full service integrated command will appear, and I will assume that it is 0/0 which you will need to put at the end of it... Do that and just after the 0/0 type "reload" this will reload just the CUE module on its own.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

From the sounds of it you have a bad drive. Just curious if you've managed to get it back working and also how old is the uc520?

David - I will try that later today.  Thanks.

Daniel - Haven't got the CUE unit working yet.  All phone calls were being routed to it (AA) so our phones were down for an afternoon.  I managed to use CLI to change the translation rules for incoming calls so that all inbound calls go straight to the phone.  Now the only issue is having no AA/VM.

Hi Reid,

Just touching base with you... Any update on this bud?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Just tried the commands meantioned and got the following output:

UC520#serv

UC520#service-module

UC520#service-module 0/0 reload

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Is it a different command on the UC520's?

Hi Reid,

It has been a while since I have logged into a UC-520 so not too sure.

However I am happy to do a TeamViewer session with you and see if I an assist you in resolving your problem.

Let me know if you want that assistance and we can organize it around our time zones (I am in Australia).

Cheers,

David.

Hi,

I just picked up a new 560 and was playing with it prior to doing the real config.  At some point I changed something and CUE went south.  No matter what I tried (reset, reload, pull power) I couldnt get it to return to a steady state.  It would fail after 15min or so.  After reloading the factory config by copying it to the startup-config, and still failing to resolve the issue, I was about to throw in the towel and RMA the unit.

Then it hit me!

The VLAN data base was corrupted, and because the database doesnt get fixed by replacing the config, the service-module (CUE) could not find 10.1.10.2.

So if you are getting these errors/results on a fresh box:  (type the cmds in italics)

UC560#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 sess

Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ...
     % Destination unreachable; gateway or host down

UC560#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 status

Service Module is Cisco Integrated-Service-Engine0/0
     Service Module supports session via TTY line 2
     Service Module is failed
     Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled
     Service Module status is not available

My solution might save you an RMA and countless hours of asking "What did I do?!"

The problem seems to be that the VLAN90 database/route/entry had removed or corrupted.  Viewing the running config in the CLI mine looked  the same to the factory config.  In the GUI, the VLAN90 was missing and could not be readded because of a conflict with the CLI startup-config.

The short answer is to re-add the VLAN 90.  I had to go to the CLI and remove the whole VLAN 90 section and readd it.  Once I did, the CUE started right back up.  I suspect that others are having similar problems due to the fact of a nebulous error message.

Hope that helps.  I'm not an expert, just really tenacious!

Hi William,

UC-520's do not use VLAN-90 they use a Loopback

Good suggestion though... You will also find that the UC-540 doesn't use VLAN-90 either and operates the same way as the UC-520 to some extent, only the 560 uses the VLAN-90 configuration to manage the CUE.

Cheers,

David.

did the same thing last night but not having any luck getting the CUE status back up

got it. this post worked , thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: