Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent, NZ now has 11 digit mobile numbers need to change dial plan

Dturner4777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

One of our customers is trying to dial a mobile number that is 11 digits long, must be new numbers being released. Problem is that when we try to dial the number it doesnt send the last digit, so it only sends 10, can we please change this. Im using 2.1.1(7) and on the NZ region.

Thanks

Dave

12 Replies 12

Hi Dave,

What is the number they are trying to dial?  (You can use XXX for the last three digits).   As an interrim workaround until we get a update to you, they can dial the steering digit  + 02 then press the Dial softkey and then dial the rest of the address.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply.

The number they try to dial is 02108238xxx.

I got the customer to try what you suggested, by dialing 1 for sip trunk then 02 dial soft key then the rest of number, but it starts to ring even before they can finish entering all the digits.

Thanks

Dave

Hi David,

Sorry, I should have asked are they using FXO or SIP trunk  or Mediatrix Gateway for PSTN access?

Chris

Yes sorry, they are using a sip trunk.

Hi David,

Bug:  CSCts98533 has been opened to track this issue. 

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks Chris

Do you know rough timescales for a fix.  Also would your work around work if i was to connect a pstn line to the FXO port.

Thanks

Dave

Hi David,

Hopefully within a couple of weeks -- stay tuned.  I think it is an easy fix and there are a couple of other locale bugs we are trying to address in the near future.  Yes, the workaround would work if it was a FXO line.  Once you press the Dial sofkey the digits are outpulsed on the FXO then you can continue dialing the rest of the address.

Chris

Hi David,

I've sent you a private message.  View your profile to see private messages.

thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

We are also in NZ and getting grief from clients getting "forbidden" on their CIsco phones (UC320 system) when dialing these 11-digit numbers.

Is there an update/patch available, or is this scheduled for a future firmware release, and if so when is this expected?

Thank you.

Robin

Hi IVe sent you a private message

Has anyone got an answer for this?

I upgraded the UC320W to the latest firmware 2.3.2 - but that doesn't seem to have resolved it..

Hi,

I see bug CSCts98533 is marked as resolved.  Can you please provide some example phone numbers you are dialing and mask the last 3 digits with xxx?  Also, please indicate whether you are dialing with FXO or SIP trunk/BRI.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: