Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

urgent - SPA525Gs mass mortality?

hi guys!

so out of 8 SPA525Gs i have here 3 died during the last week. one by one, one phone a day, different network ports and outlets.

they work as expected on one day, and are completely dead on the next morning. no power, nothing. they're all connected to a UC520 which works flawlessly, except for high pings (4-5ms) sometimes. the phones run the latest firmware (7.3.5)

i'm quite desperate now, 4 more phones to go and there's nothing i can do. they're all powered via POE. all the cabling is CAT6, doubled shielded, and high quality. and brand new. all ports of the UC520 supply power as expected. the uc520 itself is backed up (power wise) via a APC smartUPS. i checked the APC's logs, no power outages or spikes, nothing.

any ideas what could cause this issue?

thanks,

Tom

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: urgent - SPA525Gs mass mortality?

Early on, there was a hardware issue that would show up as a phone failing to work over POE, after being powered for 24 hours or so.  If they are powered by a brick they would still work. 

I thought that the bad phones were taken out of distribution, but it is possible some where missed.  I would RMA the phones and get new ones.

Community Member

Those phones are still out there. We got 3 on the latest install....

3 REPLIES

Early on, there was a hardware issue that would show up as a phone failing to work over POE, after being powered for 24 hours or so.  If they are powered by a brick they would still work. 

I thought that the bad phones were taken out of distribution, but it is possible some where missed.  I would RMA the phones and get new ones.

Community Member

Steve,

thank you very much for clearing things up. i think this is exactly the issue i'm having here.

thanks,

Tom

Community Member

Those phones are still out there. We got 3 on the latest install....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content