Views
Helpful
Replies

Use SRST on cisco 2801 at the agency with UC-560 at the headquarter

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have  a VPN  connection between the headquarter (there is one Cisco2821-sec/k9) and 3  agency (there is on Cisco 2801-hsec/k9 on each agency)

I have also one UC-560  installed at headquarters with IP-Phone SPA-504G  for VoIP call

They are plan to install many IP-Phone SPA-502G on each agency and make call with headquarter

Is  it possible for users (12) in the Agency to make calls with other user  in the same agency if the link with the the headquarter goes down ?

What do I need to perform it.

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Two quick feedbacks for things of concern here.

SPA phones are not supported on ISR, only UC5xx.

Uc5xx doesn't support SRST or integration with ISR.

Steve DiStefano

On Aug 2, 2010, at 3:41 AM, "nicanor00"

Thanks for your answer

I have  a VPN  connection between the headquarter (there is one Cisco2821-sec/k9) and 3  agency (there is one Cisco 2801-hsec/k9 on each agency). the VPN is working fine

So if the UC-560 don’t support SRST, I need to move to call manager

The vpn link bandwidth  between each agency and the headquarter is 3 Mbps

The call manager should be at the headquarter, the headquarter should have 30 ip phone

There is 4 PSTN line at the headquarter

Each agency should have 15 ip phones

each agency have 2 PSTN line, these 2 PSTN line should be connected on the router (Cisco 2801-hsec/k9). normally, we must add FXO card

It should be possible for the user on each agency to call each other if the link with the headquarter is down. The user on each agency should be also able to call or receive call through the 2 PSTN line when the link to the headquarter is UP or down

please some could you help me to choose built the new network ?

what are the reference list of equipment that I need : (call manager, router, IOS, ip phone ...).

Please help

Thanks for your answer

I have  a VPN  connection between the headquarter (there is one Cisco2821-sec/k9) and 3  agency (there is one Cisco 2801-hsec/k9 on each agency). the VPN is working fine

So if the UC-560 don’t support SRST, I need to move to call manager

The vpn link bandwidth  between each agency and the headquarter is 3 Mbps

The call manager should be at the headquarter, the headquarter should have 30 ip phone

There is 4 PSTN line at the headquarter

Each agency should have 15 ip phones

each agency have 2 PSTN line, these 2 PSTN line should be connected on the router (Cisco 2801-hsec/k9). normally, we must add FXO card

It should be possible for the user on each agency to call each other if the link with the headquarter is down. The user on each agency should be also able to call or receive call through the 2 PSTN line when the link to the headquarter is UP or down

please some could you help me to choose built the new network ?

what are the reference list of equipment that I need : (call manager, router, IOS, ip phone ...).

Please help

What you are looking for is a bit more invovled where a forum post would not answer all your questions. For starters you can refer to the CUCM SRND guide-

Unified Communications Deployment Models

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/models.html

It would be best to contact a partner or your Cisco Rep where they can assess your business needs and properly recommend the hw/sw and dial plan considerations.

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business Technolog Group
antyeung@cisco.com
Phone: 469.255.7597

Hi

Thanks for your answer

see below the order option that I choose for 100 users

Part   number

quantity

Description

MCS7828I4-K9-WL

CUCMBE, 7828-I4 appliance, CUWL BE 50 Users

CMBE-WRKSP-BDL

Is it OK ?

Do I need to but another router for voice at the central site (see architecture) or I can use the actual Cisco2821-sec/k9 using for VPN ?

If I can use the Cisco2821-sec/k9 for voice, what is the IOS oder part number option that I should buy ?

What is the order part number that I need to buy to add on each Cisco 2801-hsec/k9 at the agency to have voice and SRST ?

Thanks for your help.

For any UCM related questions you might be better off posting a thread in the "IP Telephony" forum-

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/ip-telephony

If this is your first time doing a deployment of this size if may be best to engage a partner or a Cisco rep to align you with the right contacts.

--
Anthony Yeung
Technical Marketing Engineer
Small Business Technolog Group
antyeung@cisco.com
Phone: 469.255.7597

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: