Views
Helpful
Replies

Using SPA504G

deepakitkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have SPA504G with SPA500S(expansion module). I am using Asterisk 1.7. I am little confused when I get more than one call on SPA504G. I am unable to transfer a call to a particular destination when using the sidecar SPA500S.

Here is a simple scenario...

I pickup 1st call on SPA504G talking to the caller. I now get 2nd call on the same phone, I hit "answer" and pick up the call. This will put 1st call on hold. I am talking to caller on 2nd call and want to transfer the call to an extension(internal) say ext 1124. I see these option on the screen... ConfLX, xferLX, conf, xfer. I hit xfer and dial the extension number 1124(using the keybad of SPA504G). Extension 1124 picks up, I now see these options... ConfLX, xferLX, conf, xfer. I then hit xfer and voila the 2nd call is now connected to ext 1124. All ends well.

But if I do the same transfer using the buttons on the sidecar, it won't work. Here is the scenario...

I pickup 1st call on SPA504G talking to the caller. I now get 2nd call on the same phone, I hit "answer" and pick up the call. This will put 1st call on hold. I am talking to caller on 2nd call and want to transfer the call to an extension(internal) say ext 1124. I see these option on the screen... ConfLX, xferLX, conf, xfer. I hit xfer and hit the button(configured as ext 1124) on the sidecar(SPA500S). Extension 1124 picks up, I now see these options... ConfLX, xferLX, conf, xfer. I then hit xfer and instead of connecting the call it asks me to "Enter the Number".

This is where I dont know how to proceed.

Note: button on the sidecar for extension 1124 is configured as follows:

fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=1124@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;nme=P Jo

Any ideas?

Here is the log file when I try transfer using side car...Not sure why I see the highlighted error below...

CC_switchOnAudDev(1)
CC_switchOnAudDev(1)
PHN_setAudioPath(1)
~[cb] speed dial: 1124
[CMXHTTP] force stop wav
[CMXHTTP] force stop wav
[CMXHTTP] force stop wav
[CMXHTTP] force stop wav

Calling:1124@x.x.x.x:0
[2:2]AUD ALLOC CALL (port=16426)
AUD_startRtpRx(). [2:0]. Port 16426. Ip 0x0. Tx txPayloadType -1.
CC_eventProc:event = 90, lid=2, par=518
[0:5060]<<x.x.x.x:5060
[0:5060]<<x.x.x.x:5060
NOTIFY sip:151@10.1.0.x:5060 SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP x.x.x.x:5060;branch=z9hG4bK2a2a28e4;rport

Max-Forwards: 70

To: "Operator1" <sip:151@x.x.x.x>;tag=b6f929e259b24d2a

Call-ID: a9a19242-dd3e004a@10.1.0.x

CSeq: 112 NOTIFY

User-Agent: FPBX-2.9.0rc1(1.6.2.17.3)

Event: dialog

Content-Type: application/dialog-info+xml

Subscription-State: active

Content-Length: 221

Message was edited by: Deepak Itkar

2 Replies 2

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

Didyou try to simply just HANG UP the phone when the xfer extension answers?  WIthout pressing any options... because I think you already are in transfer...  If you simply answer the phone and hit xfer and the extension and hang up (without talking to the xfer extension) it should work.  Also even if you talk to the xfer user -again dont choose xfer again.... just hang up and see what happens.

John Nikolatos

http://www.niktek.com

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the way you said,

1. answer the phone and hit xfer and the extension and hang up (without talking to the xfer extension) = the called extension gets disconnected.

2. talk to the xfer extension and hangup = the called extension simple gets disconnected when I hangup.

However, the above is NOT true when I dial the extesion instead of using the buttons from sidecar. Not sure why is it that difficult to implement the same logic that works without side car. The whole purpose of sidecar is missing here. I checked with one of the cisco agent and they aren'r sure either.

HELP!!!