Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Voicemail-to-Email Issue

We recently encountered an issue with the Voicemail-to-Email. The UC500 has the ability to configure an "outbound email address" separate from the account credentials. The UC320 does not seem to have this feature -- however this is required by some mail providers (including ours). The reject logins with "user@domain.com", however if we only put "user" for the login name, the UC320 try to do "MAIL FROM:" using "user" only (no domain), which is rejected.

I guess I would like to make this a feature request, but does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround in the meantime? We contacted the mail provider and they won't budge on the issue.

In case anyone is wondering, the provider in question is DynDNS (their SMTP relay product).

I have encountered this situation with other providers in the past as well.

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Voicemail-to-Email Issue

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure exactly what you are requesting.  The UC320W does allow you to specify the SMTP server name seperate from the account credentials.  Please see the below screenshot.  Suggest enabling (and clearing) logs  then make a test call to see what exactly is failing (Status -> Support Tools -> Logs).

Chris

Community Member

Voicemail-to-Email Issue

I am referring to specifying a source email address different from the userid.

The UC500 supports this.

This can be the case (for example), when one user login has the ability to "send as" multiple email addresses.

So you would have:

Server Address

Server Port

Username

Password

Mail From Address

On the UC500 this is "Outgoing E-mail From Address (optional)". (Under "VM Configuration")

Community Member

Voicemail-to-Email Issue

Hi Daniel,

I'll open an enhancement request and see what we can do.

Thanks,

Chris

Community Member

Voicemail-to-Email Issue

Just to get an idea, are we looking at... days, weeks, months...?

Just need to know if we need to pursue alternative options or if we could expect such an enhancement in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks.

Community Member

Voicemail-to-Email Issue

Hi Daniel,

My best guess would be "weeks" in a limited deployment release.  As as interrim workaround, we know free accounts from gmail.com and hotmail.com work.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content