cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail to Email

pmoore
Level 1
Level 1
Guys, I had posted an issue in the beta test which I never got a response for, this included the trace and related to the smtp handling and smtp being rejected, can you put the details from that thread into this discussion , can you also advise if this is being looked at ?

supportforums.cisco.com/message/3267173#3267173

Regards
Phil Moore
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Phil,

I just checked the bug status and it is marked as Resolved in the 2.0.9(3) release.  The bug notes also indicate that additional logging has been added to the troubleshooting logs.  Can you please capture these logs and update your case with the support engineer with the logs and findings?

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

blaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phil,

I cannot open supportforums.cisco.com/message/3267173#3267173 possibly because the market trial is over. Can you post your question here directly?

There is also vmail to email setup examples under the Help/How-do-I? menu on the upper right corner of the GUI. Perhaps this can be helpful to you.

Regards,

Bassanio

Hi thanks for that but I don't belive its a config issue, the problem is that the EHLO being sent by the uc320 appears to be incorrect as it contains the email address, I believe it should be sending the domain and not the email address, so in my partcicular network the emails are getting bounched with a 501 invalid name.

I had logged this issue in the beta trial and did not get a response was hoping the latest updates had fixed the issue but this does not appear to be the case.

RFC 2821 on HELO/EHLO command:

4.1.1.1  Extended HELLO (EHLO) or HELLO (HELO)

These commands are used to identify the SMTP client to the SMTP  server.  The argument field contains the fully-qualified domain name of  the SMTP client if one is available.  In situations in which the SMTP  client system does not have a meaningful domain name (e.g., when its  address is dynamically allocated and no reverse mapping record is  available), the client SHOULD send an address literal (see section  4.1.3), optionally followed by information that will help to identify  the client system.  The SMTP server identifies itself to the SMTP client  in the connection greeting reply and in the response to this command.

Hi, here is a config that's working for me.

Cheers,
Leah

Hi Leah,

thanks for that yes I could get it to work with that, it's pretty straight forward but thats not the issue I believe, if customers are going to use other mail servers then the HELO looks to be incorrect and these servers will cause voicemail to email to fail because of it as the pcap trace shows, the rfc also highlights the issue, so I think there is a fundamental issue with the smtp and is an actual bug, not all customers are going to use yahoo and gmail which do not appear to be so stringent.

Regards
Phil Moore

Phi,

I will "can" this thread and send it to our developers for investigation. Could you please try and open a TAC case for this when you get a chance. This will ensure that this gets formally escalated. This is possibly not going to be resolved over the community as it requires thorough investigation.

Would love to Navin but don't have the ability to log it via TAC sorry,

Hi Phil,

I think what he means is log a SMB Support request not TAC as this appliance is not covered under TAC, and you should have the capacity to log an SMB support case.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Cheers David,

Can you point me to the correct link to do this :)

Regards

Phil Moore

Phil,

I wish I was able to open up a TAC case for you and provide you an SR number. However currently our proceses do not allow that ( FYI we are reviewing these to see how to make it easier to tansition form Support community to SBSC support)

Currently the only way to do this is to call in. Numbers in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html#csb

Oh no, we had used this before on several occasions and sorry to say this process is just horrible so had been working working directly with the various teams for the srpxx, wrp400 etc.....  I will try and ley you know how it goes

Well that was better than expected, case number is 617149923

Hi Phil,

Glad to hear that it was a pleasant experience for you, it is a good indication then that they are improving the process from what it was months and months ago

Thanks for that positive feedback.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

pmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Engineering has logged this as a bug- Bug Details are CSCto11789

Still not resolved in the latest build and no mention of this bug in the RN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: