cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemails are stuck

frenaudcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that seems to have "ghost" voicemails. The MWI is up on his phone and when he logs into his voicemail it says "You have 3 new messages". If he presses 1 to listen to his messages, it says "No more new messages". His IMAP mailbox is empty and if I go into VoiceView Express on the phone it says "0 NU / 3 N / 0 S". When I try to read the messages in VoiceView it states "You have no messages in your inbox".

I'm pretty sure that there aren't any messages in the inbox, but how can I clear the message count? I had the problem with another user about 1 month back, so I deleted his mailbox and recreated it, but I'd like to avoid doing that since the user will have to reconfigure his settings.

I've checked CCA, CUE and CME and can't seem to find a way to clear his mailbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Reboot CUE.

I see this constantly for any customer using IMAP with apple/IOS devices.

Rebooting CUE is the only solution and there is no fix, nor I am told, will there ever be.

If you do not have any non-outlook IMAP clients in play, you may have a different issue. (all the same, the CUE reboot should fix it)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Reboot CUE.

I see this constantly for any customer using IMAP with apple/IOS devices.

Rebooting CUE is the only solution and there is no fix, nor I am told, will there ever be.

If you do not have any non-outlook IMAP clients in play, you may have a different issue. (all the same, the CUE reboot should fix it)

Most of our users indeed have iPhones and Androids configured with IMAP accounts on the UC560. What is the easiest/quickest way to restart the CUE? I don't suppose I can do it when people are using the phone lines?

1. Log in via command line.

2. Make sure you are in "enable" mode.

3. Type "serv int 0/0 sess". Enter your login credentials when prompted.

4. You should now be in the CUE command prompt, enter "reload" and then hit enter when asked to confirm. This generally takes about 5 minutes.

You may want to "write mem" in the CUE command line before reboot to be sure the config is saved.

Auto attendant and voicemail will be down during the reboot, but it will NOT affect IP Phones or active calls (as long as they are not to the AA or VM that is).

Thanks for the help!