Views
Helpful
Replies

Why only 5 multisites with UC500??

cahitanet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I understand  that the limitations is due to the number of VPN tunnels supported by the device. But if the tunnels are created with another device and the UC500 acts as a PBX-IP. it´s possible connect more than 5 UC500 trough IP trunks?

Ramses Leal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, I know that even though only 5 sites are officially supported, it is possible to have more than 5 sites, even though Multisite Manager supports only 5 sites. You will have to do a manual multisite configuration in order to have more than 5 sites, where site-to-site VPNs are configured through CLI. The UC520 and UC540 models support up to 10 VPN tunnels, and the UC560 supports up to 20 VPN tunnels.

Future versions of CCA might have official support for more than 5 sites, where each site has one of the following:

• An UC560
  • An UC520, UC540, or UC560 behind a SA520 or SA540
  • An UC520, UC540, or UC560 behind a SR520-ADSL or SR520-FE

View solution in original post

In that scenario, there is no limit in the number of sites you can deploy. But, as you mention, CLI is required.

Marcos

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, I know that even though only 5 sites are officially supported, it is possible to have more than 5 sites, even though Multisite Manager supports only 5 sites. You will have to do a manual multisite configuration in order to have more than 5 sites, where site-to-site VPNs are configured through CLI. The UC520 and UC540 models support up to 10 VPN tunnels, and the UC560 supports up to 20 VPN tunnels.

Future versions of CCA might have official support for more than 5 sites, where each site has one of the following:

• An UC560
  • An UC520, UC540, or UC560 behind a SA520 or SA540
  • An UC520, UC540, or UC560 behind a SR520-ADSL or SR520-FE

Hi John,

I  have no problems configuring UC500 manually, is like configuring an ISR CME.  Another way is individually configuring UC500 via CCA, exept VPN and SIP trunk. VPN can manage a SR520 or 877.

I like your answer, because i have many clients with more than 5 locations, that can approach this solutions.

Thanks John

Multisite Design Requirements and Guidelines

Only the following network topologies are supported for individual customer sites  that are members of a multisite deployment. Any of these site topologies can be  combined as long as the total number of sites is 5 or fewer. The sites are  configured with a full-mesh VPN — that is, every site has a direct link to every  other site.

• A single UC 500 connected to the WAN.
  • A single SR 520-T1 secure router combined with a UC 500. The SR 520-T1 is connected to the WAN and provides advanced security features, and the UC 500 provides voice and data to the site. In this type of deployment, the data VLAN must be unique for both the SR 520-T1 and the UC 500.

For the current release, only the model SR 520-T1 secure router is supported  for use in Cisco SBCS multisite deployments configured using CCA.

IMPORTANT  Each site must have a UC 500 for voice and data. The Multisite  Manager cannot be used to configure a standalone SR 520-T1 router as one of the  sites; a data-only, site-to-site VPN between two or more SR 500 secure routers; or  a remote phone behind an SR 520-T1 without a UC 500.

Hi, steve

I´m agree with your design guidelines, but this it´s when you use CCA tool to deploy a multisite voice and data with SBCS. My doubt is, if already exists a data network like LAN campus, wireless, MPLS ISP provided, in which UC500 wants to use only for IP telephony, neither security nor wan connection.

CME is provided with UC500, can do  manually configuration instead of use CCA?, it´s possible to beyond more than five sites?

regards

In that scenario, there is no limit in the number of sites you can deploy. But, as you mention, CLI is required.

Marcos

Is this limit a physical limit because it would be better to have more powerful equipment in place when you have more sites?

I'm just curious, because I have a client which happens to have 6 sites (5 remote offices and 1 main office), so I guess the UC500 solution in that case wouldn't be a good choice?

Or maybe we can use a "bigger" device at main office and have UC520 at the remote sites (there is no need for full mesh, remote site will only connect to the main office and another remote office which is the warehouse).

Thanks!

Hi Marcos,

We have no problem with CLI. Futhermore CME web GUI is available for UC500 in order to configure voice settings.

In this region, smb´s budgets fits to UC500 solutions but they have sometimes more than five sites, already connected vía VPN, wireless or MPLS.

We can manage individually UC500 via CCA for telephony settings in individual "customer site".

Thanks for your answer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: