cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP (x86) Software Phone?

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC-540 with an active Cisco XP support agreement.

Where can I go (URL please) to download a software based phone (softphone)?

Do I need to purchase a license for IP COMMUNICATOR & LIC FOR CALLMANAGER (CISCO Part# L-SW-IPCOMM-E1-CH1) ?

Will the UC-540 support X-Lite? If so how do you configure it?

If not, what softphone do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi bpowers@tech-serve.com

Where can I go (URL please) to download a software based phone (softphone)?

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=7.0%283.3%29&mdfid=278468661&sftType=IP+Communicator+System+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+IP+Communicator&treeMdfId=278875240&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+C...

You will need your credentials to download it, if you dont have Cisco Credentials then signup for your own loging to be able to download the above file (Not sure if it would even work this way).

If the above link does not work, then it is located under "Support">>>"Voice and Unified Communications">>>"Unified Communications Application">>>"Telephony-Applications">>>"Unified Communications Clients">>>"Cisco IP Communicator".....Make sure you click on the +/- Symbol todrop or raise the navigation menues.

You should be able to find the TSP software in the same location when you log into the support section, this is the easiest way to get the proper version, and the latest one as well.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: