Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

wireless VoIP with uc540

We have a uc540 and a few 7925g wireless phones. I need to expand my wireless voice LAN. There are so many Cisco AP devices that I don't know what to get. What I do know is that I'll need two access points and I must not have the call drop as the user goes between access points. Any suggestions on what to buy?

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

wireless VoIP with uc540

High Ellis,

If you are happy to stick with SMB Pro series, then the AP541 model is pretty damn good, and you can cluster them so as the user roams they stay on the same SSID and should seamlessly leap-frog from one to the other without dropping the connection.

Otherwise you will have to look for the 1100 series or higher and preferably use a Wireless LAN controller, but then you are talking some serious coin

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
2 REPLIES
Community Member

wireless VoIP with uc540

High Ellis,

If you are happy to stick with SMB Pro series, then the AP541 model is pretty damn good, and you can cluster them so as the user roams they stay on the same SSID and should seamlessly leap-frog from one to the other without dropping the connection.

Otherwise you will have to look for the 1100 series or higher and preferably use a Wireless LAN controller, but then you are talking some serious coin

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Community Member

wireless VoIP with uc540

Thanks David!

I purchased the AP541 and so far I'm 90% there. I've made a new post to see what the problem is.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content