Views
Helpful
Replies

2 SR520's with H/W VPN and Windows 7 doesn't work

EddieGregory
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have 2 SR520's with a hardware VPN established. I have Windows XP Machines that work great in this setup, however, Windows 7 Machines aren't able to browse to all sites on the internet (i.e. Yahoo, Newegg, MSNBC, and others). The interesting part of this, is the Windows 7 machines resolve DNS to the sites, are able to ping and traceroute to the sites. They just won't open them in a browser.

Originally I was setting this up for a client, and I have replicated the issue in my lab.

I've attached my router configs for reference.

Any help is appreciated.

ED

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following policy-map on Remote site should have the action of "inspect" instead of "pass":

policy-map type inspect sdm-permit_VT
class type inspect Easy_VPN_Remote_VT
  pass

Hope that helps.

Thanks Halijenn,

I'll try this first thing in the morning. FYI, I've also opened a TAC Incident, however, they were also confused as to why the XP machine worked as expected, where as the 7 box didn't.

Thanks again,

ED

That didn't take care of it.

ED

After many hours with TAC here is the solution. I have attached the before and after configs. I've highlighted the changes with "*****".

Great job to Andrew at Cisco TAC for hanging in there on this one, and thanks for the suggestions.

ED

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: